roger waters - amused to death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roger waters - amused to death

Has anyone bought the new remastered edition of this ?
    Curious to know what the picture disk / 200g versions sound like.

Sorry to go OT a bit, but I knew two or three people back in the day who had this album and, as a floyd fan, lent me it. I found it utterly dull, just couldn`t get into it. Am I missing something? I`m open to arguments to revisit it 25- odd years later!
    "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

It's no Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking that's for sure.
      https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

I did quite like pros and Cons but having wasted enough time on earnest whining of The Final Cut and The Wall I have had no interest in investigating Mr Water's solo work any further no matter how prescient a skewering of modern life's downsides he presents. So I can't help.
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
          having wasted enough time on earnest whining of The Final Cut and The Wall I have had no interest in investigating Mr Water's solo work any further no matter how prescient a skewering of modern life's downsides he presents. So I can't help.

the last Pink Floyd album worth a listen was this one:

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

the last Pink Floyd album worth a listen was this one:

I'm with you on this on, The 'Wall', and 'Final cut' are like a Roger Waters solo anyway!
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Working...
            X