Record Collector - Stoner rock special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Collector - Stoner rock special

quite interesting piece in record collector. though a lot of mistakes in it.
    makes me wonder, as I know a bit about this genre so the mistakes stood out, are all the pieces normally full of mistakes?
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
    makes me wonder, as I know a bit about this genre so the mistakes stood out, are all the pieces normally full of mistakes?
    RC isn't what it used to be. Mistakes galore.
    Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
      I thought it was terrible, but then I think just about every general article they have had concerning 'metal' has been poor. I admit that this is only because this is something I profess to know about. I always think just every other article is great so maybe that's just because I'm ignorant of the music therein. I haven't enjoyed the magazine since Mr McCann took over as editor, but maybe after 30 years of reading it I'm just finally 'growing out of it'.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey Mettle View Post
        I thought it was terrible, but then I think just about every general article they have had concerning 'metal' has been poor. I admit that this is only because this is something I profess to know about. I always think just every other article is great so maybe that's just because I'm ignorant of the music therein. I haven't enjoyed the magazine since Mr McCann took over as editor, but maybe after 30 years of reading it I'm just finally 'growing out of it'.
        Every issue is riddled with errors - not that they seem to care

Comment

I've read RC since the late 90s. It has changed quite markedly under McCann's editorship in style. I have to admit that I've stopped reading the long-form articles and the 'news' section : I tend to just read the letters, the 'digging for gold' misc bit and some reviews. In some ways I should probably stop buying it but there's just enough to keep my interest going!

Comment

How they can include Led Zep's Presence in a 'stoner rock' rundown but omit, say, Buffalo's Volcanic Rock is beyond me. I also find it off-puttingly error-strewn...
            Must grade overall visually at least as Good minus!!! (graded STRICTLY to the UK RRPG standards, not overgraded AT ALL!!!)

Comment

Perhaps the journos take too seriously the apparent ethos of the music they are writing about.

Half-baked articles on stoner rock.

Article on jazz? Make it up as you go along!

Method acting: method writing.

Comment

Good that you mentioned this Eric. It never occurred to me that RC might not be reliable.

Not that I look at it very often...

Comment

I don't know a hell of a lot about stoner rock, but the Deroy article in this month's RC was a tissue paper thin piece of puff. Almost no facts, padded out to four pages with conjecture, hypothesis, guesswork and off topic rambling.
                  The Downstairs Lounge
                  http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                  http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

I was going to ask about the Deroy feature. I seem to recall Sie Norfolk was building up the Deroy story so expect something wonderful when he's finished that.
                    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

I have forgotten more about Deroy than that twit will ever know
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Well you've saved me a fiver gents.
                        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                        X