Beatles demo 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatles demo 45

I don’t really know if it’s done to ask that sort of questions here, but I’m in the possability to buy the beatles 45 we can work it out/day tripper for what seems to be a reasonable though not cheap price.

It’s a demo copy in VG+ condition, but it’s missing the centre and original company sleeve. How hard does this diminish the value to a collector?

I admit it, I would just buy it to grip and flip, since, well, I think the Beatles are overrated ☺

I reckon if its a UK one knock off a third for the centre missing. Loads of company sleeves around so easy to replace. Watch out for fakes, loads about, was offered one only last week, obvious giveaway was the matrix number wasn't stamped.

Comment

A third? Really? It’s just a centre! God damn collector nerds ☺

Comment

Yeah maybe even a half.... what price you getting it for?

Comment

Work it out.... sold on ebay, no centre, vg+ for 300.00

Comment

Originally posted by Mescal View Post
            A third? Really? It’s just a centre! God damn collector nerds ☺
            Parlophone demos look shocking with a major part of the A missing (as do Columbias etc) and your not going to buy it to play it rather to gaze upon

Comment

asking price 180, could probably knock it off to 150 ... Meaning to trade it at Utrecht or something ... But am not going through the hassle if it's just to earn an extra 50 € ...

Comment

Speaking of Beatles demos, I witnessed a mate turning up a bagful of 45s (maybe 40-50 altogether), mostly uk demos, at a local carboot this summer including an unplayed copy of Love Me Do - I think he paid 40 Euro for the lot...
                The aural history of the sex life of a cosmic corn popper

Comment

I hope for him it still had the centre

Comment

^To my eyes in ex or better condition w/ the centre intact, in the original company sleeve.
                    The aural history of the sex life of a cosmic corn popper

Comment

That's gonna earn him a princely sum

Comment

Working...
                      X