Keith Hudson - Brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Hudson - Brand

Came across a copy of this LP today - had a listen too but it was £25! It was a white label LP - is this how it came out? I've done some light googling but can't turn up any info - should I be rushing back for this?
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Most reggae from that era came out first on white label (or "pre" as it was called). Not all would have got a subsequent full release but I think this did as (I think) it was sort of a concept thing where, contrary to the normal practice, he put out the (dub) versions first and then the vocals later or something like that.
    Last edited by son of stan; 17-03-2005, 12:27 AM.
    Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
      Came across a copy of this LP today - had a listen too but it was £25! It was a white label LP - is this how it came out? I've done some light googling but can't turn up any info - should I be rushing back for this?
      I think Pressure Sounds (linked to On-U) re-issued this a while back - maybe there's some further info about the original release in that direction....

Comment

There was a CD reissue, now deleted, but I've never even found that let alone the vinyl... it's a dub 'prequel' to Rasta Communication, I think. I hope so. Otherwise I've been looking for the wrong album all this time. £25 sounds good to me.
        Last edited by peretti; 17-03-2005, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Lee, I bought that in about '78 form my local Virgin store. I took it back twice because it sounded like it was pressed on tarmac. I was new to all things dub and ended up accepting that Jamaican records always come with snap, crackle and pop

White label. Needless to say I lost it in the great 'have to sell my collection to live' drama of the '80's
          Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

Cheers for the info guys - reckon I might pop back in for it now
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Its really good stuff (I've got the Pressure Sounds CD) though I've a slight preference for the vocal versions. Probably a good buy if you like dub stuff. £25 might be a bit much for only a casual passing interest.
              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
              X