Keith Hudson - Brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Hudson - Brand

Came across a copy of this LP today - had a listen too but it was £25! It was a white label LP - is this how it came out? I've done some light googling but can't turn up any info - should I be rushing back for this?
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Most reggae from that era came out first on white label (or "pre" as it was called). Not all would have got a subsequent full release but I think this did as (I think) it was sort of a concept thing where, contrary to the normal practice, he put out the (dub) versions first and then the vocals later or something like that.
    son of stan
    Lonely Jelly
    Last edited by son of stan; 17-03-2005, 12:27 AM.
    Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
      Came across a copy of this LP today - had a listen too but it was £25! It was a white label LP - is this how it came out? I've done some light googling but can't turn up any info - should I be rushing back for this?
      I think Pressure Sounds (linked to On-U) re-issued this a while back - maybe there's some further info about the original release in that direction....

Comment

There was a CD reissue, now deleted, but I've never even found that let alone the vinyl... it's a dub 'prequel' to Rasta Communication, I think. I hope so. Otherwise I've been looking for the wrong album all this time. £25 sounds good to me.
        peretti
        Lonely Jelly
        Last edited by peretti; 17-03-2005, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Lee, I bought that in about '78 form my local Virgin store. I took it back twice because it sounded like it was pressed on tarmac. I was new to all things dub and ended up accepting that Jamaican records always come with snap, crackle and pop

White label. Needless to say I lost it in the great 'have to sell my collection to live' drama of the '80's
          Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

Cheers for the info guys - reckon I might pop back in for it now
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Its really good stuff (I've got the Pressure Sounds CD) though I've a slight preference for the vocal versions. Probably a good buy if you like dub stuff. £25 might be a bit much for only a casual passing interest.
              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
              X