New music - proud dad plugs son's band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New music - proud dad plugs son's band

My son's band released their 1st ep today. They have only been together for a few months. Have a listen and let me know what you think my son plays lead guitar he's 19 , singers 19 , bassist 17 and drummer 18.

https://palecheeks.bandcamp.com/album/pale-cheeks

cheers Derek

Congrats to you and your Son! It's not really my type of music but I wish the band every success
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
      Congrats to you and your Son! It's not really my type of music but I wish the band every success
      Thanks fella, not really my bag either seems to be getting a good response though.

Derek

Comment

Need a new singer....

..... loved the fact that the tags on the site threw up patatas bravas. Is that a new genre?
        "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

The vocals seem to "flatten" the sound out if that makes sense. That very masculine instrumentation might work better behind a decent female voice. I don't mind a bit of The Pixies, and I can hear that in there. Good luck to the lot of them. So do you get to be the roadie too?
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
            The vocals seem to "flatten" the sound out if that makes sense. That very masculine instrumentation might work better behind a decent female voice. I don't mind a bit of The Pixies, and I can hear that in there. Good luck to the lot of them. So do you get to be the roadie too?
            My son is trying to convince the bassist to try some vocals but she is really shy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
              Need a new singer....

..... loved the fact that the tags on the site threw up patatas bravas. Is that a new genre?
              Vocalist needs to work out a style that siuts his voice is straining to much atm.

Patatas bravas - spanicsh indie innit!

Comment

Go instrumental.
                Gore, Don Cab, etc, it can work!
                Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Early days. Give the singer a bit of slack, he might calm down soon. This sort of thing doesn't tend to come naturally and it can take some time to hone a bit of stagecraft. It's not easy fronting a group- as you say, no one seems keen to take over at the moment.
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                    Early days. Give the singer a bit of slack, he might calm down soon. This sort of thing doesn't tend to come naturally and it can take some time to hone a bit of stagecraft. It's not easy fronting a group- as you say, no one seems keen to take over at the moment.
                    You're right they have only played 5 gigs so far. They have the right attitude to it all it's just some mate having fun playing their music, not looking for anything other than that really.

Derek

Comment

Working...
                    X