Refugees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refugees

Anyone remember the Haiti auctions over at Soulstrut some years ago? Could we do this here at VG+ for the current Euro situation? If anyone's up for it, I could start with a couple of records.
    Perhaps there's something like this going on already?

Aren't there still some spare CD swap sets that could perhaps be auctioned?
    Boy George knew my father

Comment

Great idea
      I've got some of the recent Disco Swap CDs that could be auctioned
      I'm not at all sure how this would work but I've got three sets if anyone wants to offer £5 per set
      Loads of tasty disco action - some of it quite rare and obscure
      All the details here: http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...ght=disco+swap
      "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

I have some records that go up for grabs...

I live within near the station in Vienna where the people passed through on the way Munich... there was a very high grade and commendable turn out of volunteers on Saturday... food, water, cloths and bit for the kids... top professional medical presence too...

Nickelsdorf (the village with the Jazz Festival) on the border with Hungry I believe was much the same...
        "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
          Great idea
          I've got some of the recent Disco Swap CDs that could be auctioned
          I'm not at all sure how this would work but I've got three sets if anyone wants to offer £5 per set
          Loads of tasty disco action - some of it quite rare and obscure
          All the details here: http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showth...ght=disco+swap
          I am very interested in getting a set of the Disco Swap CDs .... sounds like a good idea ... PM me the details if this goes through with postage amount to USA
          "Will our children be sacraficial lambs offered up to ease the fears of the multinational corporations like so many brainwashed media zombies? Petroleum and it's byproducts should not be a dependancy in a technology based society. Nothing lasts for ever and we cannot ask God for our gasoline!" - from Flowers and Birds by Rise Robots Rise

Comment

Happy to get behind this & put up a few things for auction. I think if swap CDs are sold (which is a great idea) these should also be auctioned.

Any thoughts on a suitable recipient charity?

Comment

With the haiti thing, i think each seller chose recipient.
              Should we have a sub forum for this?

Comment

My first set of swap CDs came from the Haiti auction and I ended up paying quite a bit for it. Giving money to a worthy cause and getting a load of great music back as a result is certainly a good way of going about things. Definitely an auction over fixed prices though I reckon.
                Boy George knew my father

Comment

multi-item auction sounds like a good idea and I'm v happy to support.

I've got a few spare Xmas Swap sets here, will work out what I've got and they'll def be available to the highest bidder, postage paid anywhere in the world.

Comment

I will definitely bid/donate.
                    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                      multi-item auction sounds like a good idea and I'm v happy to support.
                      What do you think about a separate section on the site Mr Moderator?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                        What do you think about a separate section on the site Mr Moderator?
                        good idea.

I'll speak to the CIO and work something up for the next board meeting.

Failing that, we'll bung something up shortly.

Comment

Great idea. I'd definitely like to take part

Comment

How about a Waxi invite..?

Might make sense to do one auction instead of two... quite a lot of the posters over there are Euro bods... just a thought...
                            "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Over the weekend I found a few spares of various old Xmas mixes and disco mixes so happy to donate if they're any use. As coasters or doorstops if required. We may be able to dig up some old Licorice Soul CDs too, need to chat to Sie Vulture.
                              http://www.blaxploitation.com
                              Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Working...
                              X