in uk and buying things from sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in uk and buying things from sweden

I've googled about and can't find a definite answer so I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help.
    I'm considering buying a mixer and a few records off a friend in Sweden. All technically "second hand" but has a combined value of about £1000.
    Like many people on here I've ordered tons of records from abroad and been stung by customs on deliveries from the states and Canada.

Does anyone know if because I'm buying stuff from another eu country ill have to pay any taxes ? I mean the seller has already paid vat or whatever the swedish equivalent is right...

Thank you
    J

If it's a friend, can't he just mark it as 'a gift'?
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

do we still get customs problems from europe. The customs/postie cartel only ever tax me on the Us or Japan.

PS as Col says!
      Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

We're all in the EU, should be no taxes or custom fees. Sending to UK I only have to use the lower part of the custom form, where you just put a signature, not the part where you declare value.
        ------------------------------------------------------
        "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
          We're all in the EU, should be no taxes or custom fees. Sending to UK I only have to use the lower part of the custom form, where you just put a signature, not the part where you declare value.
          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
            Thank you
            No need for CN22 customs sticker. No tax, VAT or duty due on your friends goods from one EU state to another EU state.

Comment

I recall a chap from Sweden buying a record off me on Discogs and because I sent it insured he ended getting hit by customs in his own country due to it exceeding their limit. They're obviously part of the EU and certain EU laws apply but not all of them.
              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Working...
              X