X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• straight outta compton - THe Movie

anyone seen it?
    thoughts?

it is kind of weird seeing a movie about music. most films about bands / musicians are a bit strange.
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

My wife watched it. She doesn't like music like that. She enjoyed it and said I should watch it. Haven't yet. I'm not against the idea, but I got a Space 1999 box set in the Network sale and I'm trying to get through those and stay awake.
    SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

I got the complete Allo Allo. im 6 discs in so far. the jokes are getting very similar every episode.
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Haven't seen it.

Is DJ Quik in it? I mean, someone playing DJ Quik? Haven't heard his name come up in relation to the film and I'm curious...

Comment

I saw it last week, thought it was very average, just about watchable though.
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I don't think so. no JJ Fad either
            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
              I got the complete Allo Allo. im 6 discs in so far.
              Drunk as hell but no throwin up
              Half way home and my pager still blowin up
              Ima hit the crib and watch me some René.
              I got to say it was a good day
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                Drunk as hell but no throwin up
                Half way home and my pager still blowin up
                Ima hit the crib and watch me some René.
                I got to say it was a good day
                I'm go spell it out for all the newbies
                It's the fallen madonna with the big boobies
                I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

no JJ Fad either
                  No Arabian Prince, which is a bit wrong, seen as he's photographed on the cover of the first two LP's, and did some of the production on them too. Which is a shame as I love 'Panic zone'.
                  "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

yeah, they start at boyz n the hood, so kind of miss out a bit. I suppose its a lot to fit in.
                    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Not sure I've seen a music biopic that I've actually liked, coupled with the fact that loads of dubious people I know are telling me that it's good, means I'll give it probably give it a wide berth until it's on channel 5 in 6 years time.

Anyways.. I've got Black Caeser back at the crib so f*** Hollywood!
                      https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

yeah, they start at boyz n the hood, so kind of miss out a bit. I suppose its a lot to fit in.
                        I was looking forward to at least 45 mins on the World Class Wrecking Cru. Damn shame, apart from the jackets.

Thought the film was good, not brilliant. Bit too long, and they did seem to just imply Eazy E never made another record when made a few good 'uns. So some odd rewriting but I'm sure the Suge stuff was all worse than the film though. Might have to reread Have Gun, Will Travel.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
                          I was looking forward to at least 45 mins on the World Class Wrecking Cru. Damn shame, apart from the jackets.

Thought the film was good, not brilliant. Bit too long, and they did seem to just imply Eazy E never made another record when made a few good 'uns. So some odd rewriting but I'm sure the Suge stuff was all worse than the film though. Might have to reread Have Gun, Will Travel.
                          I've been thinking about that since I heard about it i.e. how can they approach what Suge was allegedly to be like and show it on film?
                          "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Originally posted by Tsundoku View Post
                            I've been thinking about that since I heard about it i.e. how can they approach what Suge was allegedly to be like and show it on film?
                            They're doing a sequel abt the Death Row years.

Comment

really? the whole death row years was covered in the film
                              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Working...
                              X