Lighthouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighthouse

somebody knows what the first lighthouse - s/t lp on rca is worth? it's a german press i guess. i've never seen it, so i'm wondering if its rare and worth buying it (also because of the music of course;-)?
    Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

What's on it? I have about three or four LP's and of those I'd recommend would be 'Suite Feeling' and 'One Fine Morning'. And even those should be pretty cheap? So, I'm guessing that it may not be worth shelling out too much and seeking out a cheaper copy...
    Last edited by Rich Hero; 17-03-2005, 02:27 PM.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Cheapies

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
        What's on it? I have about three or four LP's and those I'd recommend would be 'Suite Feeling' and 'One Fine Morning'. And even those should be pretty cheap? So, I'm guessing that it may not be worth shelling out too much and seeking out a cheaper copy...

hmmm...i guess "one fine morning" should be on it. but i'm not sure, theres nothing on the net and i don't remember. it's about 15 us dollars. guess i go back to the store and watch if its on it. it isn't that much, is it?
        thanks mein capitan!

Comment

Originally posted by Belson
          Cheapies
          how does it come that i've never seen it???
          i must be a really bad digger i guess:-) or maybe switzerland just sucks...

Comment

There are alot of Canadian issues of it...but the One fine Morning track is a killer that everyone should own...does anyone know about a Live version of it and whether or not it's any good?
            Country be dyin like poor people do
            Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by effi_deep
              hmmm...i guess "one fine morning" should be on it. but i'm not sure, theres nothing on the net and i don't remember.
              Hmmm, AMG isn't too helpful about that one but 'One Fine Morning' should be on the LP 'One Fine Morning'...
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiftless When Idle
                There are alot of Canadian issues of it...but the One fine Morning track is a killer that everyone should own...does anyone know about a Live version of it and whether or not it's any good?
                No (I don't know, that is), but it's also on a 45. Still, also need the LP for 'Love Of A Woman', I reckon.

Comment

and on a Vertigo UK 45, of course!
                  We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiftless When Idle
                    the only lighthouse lp i own is a 2 lp live from 72 that has a "one fine morning" version on it. but i don't know the studio version so it's difficult to compare;-) i really like the live version!

Comment

Thanks alot guys...i'll be sure to track the live one down now i know it exists
                      Country be dyin like poor people do
                      Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

Lighthouse S/T is (as far as I know) the first album and it's pretty common in NZ at least, which probably means it's pretty common everywhere.

Apart from that, it's one of my favourite albums ever. Great songs, awesome arrangements. Nobody really talks about it much and I reckon it's WELL UNDER-RATED. Except the cover of Eight Miles High because I don't like that song much.

Cover (of the NZ issue at least) is like a sillhouette of a lighthouse against a starry sky, kind of all cross-hatched and shit in a vaguely psychedelic way. Black on silver/gray.

"One Fine Morning" has a couple of decent songs (and a wicked sleeve!) but apart from that I don't really like their other albums much.

Comment

thank you all!
                          i bought it yesterday. after all you've said i payed too much. but i really like that record a lot! won't take it off the turntable for a couple of days...

Comment

Yeah dude.

I know I'm still gonna be feeling "Ah I Can Feel It" when I'm like THIRTY or something.

(Ha ha! As if that'll ever happen!)

Comment

Working...
                            X