Rare Library Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Library Records

Expensive and highly desirable libraries, many tainted by rubbing shoulders with ubiquitous, cheap, common ones from the more affordable end of the library canon. (And an IMPOSTER* too!)

To celebrate Spoke's first foray into transforming big old 33rpm library records into little new 45rpm ones I rustled up an old skool anorak library quiz for y'all.

Easy enough to do. Pencil and paper ready? Right.....

1 point for the name of the LP
    1 point for the name of the artist (or just one artist if it's 'various')
    1 point for the name of the label

120 library LPs = a possible 360 maximum score.

Given the number of knowledgeable library heads on here, one bonus point can be added for each library composer pseudonym you know and also for correctly identifying the *soundtrack LP that sneaked onto the Forumusic library shelves in a 'Where's Wally' kinda way.

Go!

http://www.forumusic.co.uk/library_records_100.html

PS: I'll add the 'answers' page on Sunday evening

Hopefully this will sort de Wolfes from de Cubs.
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post

120 library LPs

It´s a great prize, but will they be the ones on the page?
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Reading the part on your page about 'Collectable Library CDs?' sends a shiver down my back.
      Where I work (in a radio station) there is a massive basement.... goes on forever with many ante-chambers. Crammed full of detritus.
      The management were going to hire some house-clearer types to take it all away and I was given permission to take what I wanted. I dug out a lot of stuff.
      There was boxes and boxes of library cds. Even tho they are (sort of) attractive... I left them. Too much to carry and store.
      When the clearers came - they rejected the job. The basement was too much for them. Gives you an idea of the scale of the place.
      Anyway - the library cds were saved to live another day. They are still down there. Hmmmmmm .......
      galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

To celebrate Spoke's first foray into transforming big old 33rpm 12" library records into little new 33rpm 7" ones
        >
        new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Bottom Right is The Swinging Sounds Orchestra - Music for Record Lovers
          "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by bradx View Post
            Reading the part on your page about 'Collectable Library CDs?' sends a shiver down my back.
            Where I work (in a radio station) there is a massive basement.... goes on forever with many ante-chambers. Crammed full of detritus.
            The management were going to hire some house-clearer types to take it all away and I was given permission to take what I wanted. I dug out a lot of stuff.
            There was boxes and boxes of library cds. Even tho they are (sort of) attractive... I left them. Too much to carry and store.
            When the clearers came - they rejected the job. The basement was too much for them. Gives you an idea of the scale of the place.
            Anyway - the library cds were saved to live another day. They are still down there. Hmmmmmm .......
            Shivers down back indeed bradx. But worth pointing put that of you go back and dig about in said basements and find the Textures library CD by Brian Eno issued by The Standard Music Library that's about £300, the set of RCA issued library CDs (called things like Romance, War etc) are all classic 60s / 70s library music repackaged and all by Piccione, Morricone etc (as used comprehensively in Curb Your Enthusiasm) all go for good money, and many of the early Extreme Library CDs (the ones in the cases that are made to look like clapperboards), esp the ones by Zimmer etc are now expensive. Keep shivering...
            Tune in to OST on Resonance 104.4FM. Saturdays at 4.30pm, and now podcast legally too! Film music, TV music, rare library recordings special guests and anything to do with soundtracks. Listen on-line at www.resonancefm.com

Comment

Originally posted by Senor Trunk View Post
              Shivers down back indeed bradx. But worth pointing put that of you go back and dig about in said basements and find the Textures library CD by Brian Eno issued by The Standard Music Library that's about £300, the set of RCA issued library CDs (called things like Romance, War etc) are all classic 60s / 70s library music repackaged and all by Piccione, Morricone etc (as used comprehensively in Curb Your Enthusiasm) all go for good money, and many of the early Extreme Library CDs (the ones in the cases that are made to look like clapperboards), esp the ones by Zimmer etc are now expensive. Keep shivering...
              sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Originally posted by Senor Trunk View Post
                Very interesting, thanks a lot. I'm actually leaving my job soon... so will need to make special arrangements to get access to the basement. Management has changed recently... another impediment.
                I must've dug out several thousand cds from that basement a couple of years ago. Plus a ton of other stuff as well... like some vinyl (but not much and not very good) and a lot of misc. weird gear .... some of it was prizes for competitions that never got run.... t-shirts etc.
                The basement is grim. Even though it's impressively big, it's dark down there with low ceilings... all kinds of beasties like rats run around. Also - the stuff was not stacked neatly but just dumped down there, higgledy-piggledy.
                I did remove all the library cds... then I put them all back, deciding there was just too much.
                The station is less than 20 years old so there won't be any 80s or early 90s library in there. More like the last 10 years.
                I know some of the labels though as I did take home some electro-type things.... MusicHouse, de Wolfe, Atmosphere, KPM, Focus Music, Cavendish, Killer Tracks... that's some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by bradx View Post
                  Very interesting, thanks a lot. I'm actually leaving my job soon... so will need to make special arrangements to get access to the basement. Management has changed recently... another impediment.
                  I must've dug out several thousand cds from that basement a couple of years ago. Plus a ton of other stuff as well... like some vinyl (but not much and not very good) and a lot of misc. weird gear .... some of it was prizes for competitions that never got run.... t-shirts etc.
                  The basement is grim. Even though it's impressively big, it's dark down there with low ceilings... all kinds of beasties like rats run around. Also - the stuff was not stacked neatly but just dumped down there, higgledy-piggledy.
                  I did remove all the library cds... then I put them all back, deciding there was just too much.
                  The station is less than 20 years old so there won't be any 80s or early 90s library in there. More like the last 10 years.
                  I know some of the labels though as I did take home some electro-type things.... MusicHouse, de Wolfe, Atmosphere, KPM, Focus Music, Cavendish, Killer Tracks... that's some of them.
                  Sorry to renovate an old thread but I'm very curious......did you manage to get any of 'The Basement CDs'?
                  <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Sorry to renovate an old thread but I'm very curious......did you manage to get any of 'The Basement CDs'?
                    No - I left them. I ran out of time and space. Pity as I've got 2 outbuildings where I live now with a ton of room... but moving from my last place, it was hell and I didn't want to add to it. I already had 200+ boxes of books, records etc.
                    I grabbed a couple of hundred that's all.

I saved the library cds from the dumpster once .... but I've a feeling they'll be back in there at some point.

Comment

Working...
                    X