burning cds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burning cds

just wondered what most of you are using to burn vinyl onto cd.........
    not looking for perfection.........just a decent copy..............having said that is there anything for pc that is comparable in quality to a stand alone burner.........?

thanks for the info chaps...........sorted...!

Comment

well...I've got a Phillips CD burner with my stereo system. No idea how you do it any other way!
      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by platerpus
        just wondered what most of you are using to burn vinyl onto cd.........
        not looking for perfection.........just a decent copy..............having said that is there anything for pc that is comparable in quality to a stand alone burner.........?
        A CD-R drive on a PC should be fine so long as you're using a decent soundcard to record off vinyl in the first place... that's probably where you'd get loss in quality, if any.

Comment

Originally posted by formigo
          A CD-R drive on a PC should be fine so long as you're using a decent soundcard to record off vinyl in the first place... that's probably where you'd get loss in quality, if any.
          I have the intervening step of recording to minidisc as record player and PC are in different rooms/Storeys. Results seem ok though may be a little comrpessed by the minidiscing.
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I record into Magic Audio Cleaning Lab. If I need to boost sound or get rid of crackling/hissing, I can do it there. Then save it as a wav file and burn onto disc...

Comment

i use a phillipps cd burner(cd-r 570). easy to handle and and very cheap in price at the moment. i got mine for 80$. i assume that this is a bit of an old fashioned thing but it works!
              can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Comment

Originally posted by formigo
                Agreed I have a laptop & use an little thing called an 'iMic' that goes from my mixer to usb. It was only £30, so is nothing special, but does a pretty good job for the cost.

I then use Sound Forge to edit the wav file & then burn away using the CDR on the laptop! I am only putting together stuff for myself & friends to listen to, but it seems to do the trick.

That reminds me...I promised to burn a buddy a comp this weekend
                www.sliderecordshop.com

Comment

thanks for the info guys..................i guess with pc it all depends on the quality of the sound card.......might invest in an actual burner though instead of going through pc...........just seems like a more direct way of recording........avoiding the bizniz of saving wav files etc.............

Comment

[QUOTE=platerpus]just wondered what most of you are using to burn vinyl onto cd.........QUOTE]

I was green when it came to this malarkey. Two computer bod mates recommended Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 and then put it on my set-up.

Bloody great for vinyl to CD. Really easy to use...big clear Sound Editor screen for getting levels right ( the way I was used to doing going from record to tape).

Cost me £39.99 from PC World about six months ago...and gave me a great play stuff I hadn't heard for ages!
                    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Working...
                    X