Audio to Digital converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio to Digital converter

Seems my trusty stand-alone hi-fi CD recorder has finally died. It doesn't save stuff even if it says it's recording on the display. So I need something to replace it to record live mixes, maybe w the option of minor multitracking.

Is the answer to get an Audio to Digital converter cable to connect amp out and pc/laptop in that has a simple Record function for the pc/laptop?

Any tips on the best place to buy it?

Also, do you know of any places that would buy the machine for "scrap"?

Thanks

Buy some Q -tips/cotton buds and isopropyl alcohol from a chemists /tape head cleaner solution would also work.
    Open up the Cd recorder. You may have to also remove the disc clamp to gain access to the optical block.
    Moisten a q tip with the alcohol and gently clean the lens. Worth a try before condemning it. Is it a Philips by the way?
    "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

It's a Sony model RCD-W100.

Comment

Thanks , I'll try that.

Comment

I found this helpful video if anyone has the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
            Seems my trusty stand-alone hi-fi CD recorder has finally died. It doesn't save stuff even if it says it's recording on the display. So I need something to replace it to record live mixes, maybe w the option of minor multitracking.

Is the answer to get an Audio to Digital converter cable to connect amp out and pc/laptop in that has a simple Record function for the pc/laptop?

Any tips on the best place to buy it?

Also, do you know of any places that would buy the machine for "scrap"?

Thanks
            I have a spare CD recorder if anyone desperately needs to borrow one to make their swap CD but I'm in north London, so not that handy if you're in Denmark...

Comment

Working...
            X