Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record shops in The Grauniad

http://gu.com/p/4dgpt?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Nice to see some of our lot mentioned...

Nice to see Nervous in there. Gordon's a lovely bloke, always fusses and looks after my dog whilst I have a rummage around.

Comment

Interesting list. Sadly the Tangled Parrot cafe & record shop both closed indefinitely when I went to Carmarthen a few months ago. Some stock in the antique market across the street but not what it was...

Comment

Blown away to see Jam Records in the list. One of my favourite places in Falmouth.

Comment

Anything that gets people into independent record shops is alright in my book, but some of the writing in the article set my teeth on edge e.g.

"There is a magic in the ceremony of putting a record on that I pine for in this modern world. The detail and love that goes into artwork that I not only want to listen to but frame on my wall ... time passes by in a world of analogue recordings and it feels wonderful."

"Whenever I buy a vinyl (sic)from there, I always feel like I’m bringing home a memento of the perfect Sunday afternoon."
          it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
          take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
            "Whenever I buy a vinyl (sic)from there, I always feel like I’m bringing home a memento of the perfect Sunday afternoon."
            This one got to me, too, at which point my office colleagues were subjected to my ranting on the (mis)use of vinyl as a singular noun.

I do like the sentiment, though - I've pulled records (see, RECORDS, not VINYLS) from my shelves and remembered the day they were bought. Happy memories!

Comment

Working...
            X