Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ringo's White Album, number 0000000001. $40K with ten days to go...A Beatle's garage sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringo's White Album, number 0000000001. $40K with ten days to go...A Beatle's garage sale.

Yes, I know it's covered in a White Album post lower by Agnes_Guano, but I think this is worth a post all it's own - this really is a bit of record collecting history I think. It's here, been in his bank vault since release. He's selling a mass of other gear, (over 1000 items) for charity at the same auction. It's like Ringo's garage sale. I have a feeling this may well be the most expensive record ever sold - like over $100,000. I mean, White Album, number 1, owned by a Beatle, think of all those evil VCs / Hedge funders out there who drop $500,000 on stupid modern watches and the like - this will even start attracting them I reckon. The last White Album biggie was about $40K in 2008, that was number 000000005. Things have changed dramatically since then. I'll shut up now.
    Tune in to OST on Resonance 104.4FM. Saturdays at 4.30pm, and now podcast legally too! Film music, TV music, rare library recordings special guests and anything to do with soundtracks. Listen on-line at www.resonancefm.com

Well said Señor. Worth a thread of its own and worth a competition too.

PREDICT THE FINISHING PRICE!
    VG+er making the prediction closest to the finishing price wins a FULL set of the 2015 VG+ Swap CDs.
    If that VG+er is already in the Swap, they may nominate a person NOT in the Swap to receive the set.
    (The person does not have to be a VG+er)

I will post it anywhere in the world free of charge.

GO!
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

$999,999.99

NUMBER NINE FTW
      Last edited by Sonovox; 24-11-2015, 07:39 PM. Reason: Changed pounds to dollars

Comment

$160.000. Once in a lifetime chance for possibly the most fanatical collectors all over the world. As you say though, it may not even go to a record collector, which doesn't matter really if it's gong to charity. If the press get hold of it and light a fire under it, I wouldn't be surprised if it's higher than my guess.
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

In comparison David Hess sold his 'banned' copy of Last house on the left last year for about 600 USD.

Comment

Comment

If I was a multi millionaire I'd bid on this and I'd bid....
              $425,000

I would have also bid on Lennon's J160 (which went for $2.4 million BTW).
              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

$220.000 I reckon - based on the comparable values of classic cars.....
                you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

£140,000

Comment

Yeah, this has "investment" all over it... I'll go $333,000, but wouldn't be surprised if it went higher...
                    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

$444k, there's only one number one...

Comment

I wonder if it'll get more than the Elvis acetate Jack White won.

Comment

Someone has to do it.

All the Wolpertingers

Comment

I just emailed to request a condition report.

I reckon it will be VG+

Comment

How come Ringo got No.1?
                              I imagine him sidling towards the freebies while McCartney and Lennon bicker and Harrison adopts a yoga pose, all of them stoned apart from crafty Ringo.
                              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X