Pink Floyd - 1965 Their First Recordings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Floyd - 1965 Their First Recordings

Pretty amazing stuff by all accounts, well if you're a Syd fan anyway - 3 unreleased Syd penned tracks that have never seen the light on even bootlegs...

A1 Lucy Leave
    Written-By – Syd Barrett
    2:53
    B1 Double O Bo
    Written-By – Syd Barrett
    3:25
    B2 Remember Me
    Written-By – Syd Barrett
    2:45
    C1 Walk With Me Sydney
    Vocals – Juliette GaleWritten-By – Roger Waters
    3:11
    D1 Butterfly
    Written-By – Syd Barrett
    2:59
    D2 I'm A King Bee
    Written-By – Slim Harpo

Accounts range from 300-1000 copies on 2 x 7" vinyl, apparently released purely to keep the music in copyright given the 50 year rule and there is more to come over the next couple of years. This is already going for 100-250 quid on ebay unfortunately.

So let me get this right. They release a miniscule quantity, because the copyright is due to run out, therefore bringing it back into copyright for another 50 years? Is that how it works?
    It makes me think they either don't really want the music out there, or if they do, they are biding their time for a more comprehensive release. I have the 10" bootleg with a few of those tracks on, Lucy Leave being the best, and while it certainly has the seeds of the early Floyd that I like, it's a million miles from the 1st lp or even the early official singles.
    Still very interested to hear the 3 "new ones", I'm sure they'll be on Youtube soon enough.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Surely you just press more at this time of year you'd sell loads? Seems pretty short sighted by the label. Or are they planning to release a coloured vinyl press of it for Record Store Day. I thought the "50 year rule" copyright issue had been sorted, or is that only on already released items? Ironic that it's being released by the label to prevent anyone else doing so (and making money from it) yet by selling such a limited amount the EBay flippers make loads per copy!

Comment

Hit every shop in Newcastle yesterday trying to get one. No luck, all were sold on Friday.

Comment

I think more copies of this will turn up. That's what happened with the RSD 2LP Syd comp.
          www.45cat.com
          http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Weird considering the UK 50 year copyright rule was extended to 70 years last year.
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
              Weird considering the UK 50 year copyright rule was extended to 70 years last year.
              Only for released material I've been told, it was still 50 for unreleased.

Comment

Got a copy in Brighton of all places, it was 29 quid though.
                Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

If anyone can get me a copy .... Please give a shout.

Don't think I'll find this at my local music shop

Comment

oh, nevermind, there's one on discogs for a measely 400 €

http://www.discogs.com/sell/release/7780256?ev=rb

Comment

So there still is shit left in the vaults .....

Why didn't they release this withing their 'Experience Pink Floyd Immersion' thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post
                        Got a copy in Brighton of all places, it was 29 quid though.
                        P*sstake pricing!

Comment

I checked the discogs entry.

Who is Rado Klose? Don't they mean Bob Klose?

Also, where is the press release on this pretty 'important' release? I'm sure a million Pink Floyd fans all over the world are waiting to hear this. Syd era Floyd recordings? That's pretty holy grail Pink Floyd collector shit. Also nothing on the Pink Floyd website ....

Isn't this a bootleg?

Tracks leaked from the forthcoming Pink Floyd Piper Immersion release?

A quick glance at this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_Pink_Floyd

There's a lot of talk about:

"Pink Theme"

"Pink Theme" is a song performed by the Barrett-era Pink Floyd in 1966. The song is thought to be an instrumental. Pink Floyd recorded the song at a concert at The All Saints Church Hall in London, England on 14 October 1966. No known recording of this song is thought to still exist.

and

"Flapdoodle Dealing"

"Flapdoodle Dealing" is an instrumental song performed by the Barrett-era Pink Floyd in 1966.[19][20] The song is thought to have Waters coming up with its title. Pink Floyd never recorded a studio version of the song,[20] however, a version was recorded live at a concert at The All Saints Church Hall in London, England on 14 October 1966.[19]

If there's no recording from it, who come anyone knows the songs?

Comment

Come to think of it, I can't remember this release even being sold in at work?

Comment

Originally posted by Mescal View Post
                              I checked the discogs entry.

Who is Rado Klose? Don't they mean Bob Klose?

Also, where is the press release on this pretty 'important' release? I'm sure a million Pink Floyd fans all over the world are waiting to hear this. Syd era Floyd recordings? That's pretty holy grail Pink Floyd collector shit. Also nothing on the Pink Floyd website ....

Isn't this a bootleg?

Tracks leaked from the forthcoming Pink Floyd Piper Immersion release?

A quick glance at this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_Pink_Floyd

There's a lot of talk about:

"Pink Theme"

"Pink Theme" is a song performed by the Barrett-era Pink Floyd in 1966. The song is thought to be an instrumental. Pink Floyd recorded the song at a concert at The All Saints Church Hall in London, England on 14 October 1966. No known recording of this song is thought to still exist.

and

"Flapdoodle Dealing"

"Flapdoodle Dealing" is an instrumental song performed by the Barrett-era Pink Floyd in 1966.[19][20] The song is thought to have Waters coming up with its title. Pink Floyd never recorded a studio version of the song,[20] however, a version was recorded live at a concert at The All Saints Church Hall in London, England on 14 October 1966.[19]

If there's no recording from it, who come anyone knows the songs?
                              According to Andy Jackson who is restoring this stuff, this is just the start and obviously as '50 years ago' rolls forward we can expect '66 recordings next year and '67 recordings in 2017. There may be some very interesting things showing up. I am personally hoping for a vocal version of 'In The Beechwoods' as it sounds like a special Syd creation even as an instrumental.

Comment

Working...
                              X