Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst songs about Spain and Germany

Hi,

I've learned to know a Spanish family here in Germany, whom I'd like to make a christmas present with a certain ironic twist. Instead of a collection of my favorite Spain or German-themed songs, I'd like to find the worst of the worst. The title that gave me the idea in the first place is Imca Marina - Viva España.

Thanks.
    Easy Sounds channel
    Easy Sounds blog

Shouldn't that be 'the worst of the wurst'?

Anyway, for having such a wicked idea, I think you deserve to be punished by enduring every known version of 'Y Viva Espana'. Here's the one that has terrorised Britain since 1974, by Swedish singer, Sylvia. These days I can look at this and think, 'my, what a fine looking woman' - but like most British teenagers in the 70s, I couldn't even bear to be in the same room with it at the time. Here's Wayne Osmond to introduce you....

you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

German Folk Song was always pretty annoying on the CASIO VL-TONE:
        ------------------------------------------------------
        "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

A 1981 b-side, re-released as a 1982 World Cup tie in. Neither time did it trouble the charts...

The Downstairs Lounge
          http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
          http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
              like most British teenagers in the 70s, I couldn't even bear to be in the same room with it at the time.
              Likewise - unfortunately my Dad bought a copy - so it was tough to escape it

Comment

I´d think twice before inflicting Viva España on your Spanish family, Diskos.

1. They will almost certainly know Manolo Escobar's version, which is sung at national football matches.
                2. The phrase Viva España has political overtones which might not go down too well among nationalist Catalans or Basques. A few years ago I called the Falange's head office in Madrid to ask for the official fascist view on an electoral issue. Instead of "Hola" or "Digame" they answer the phone with a crisp "Viva España"
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Well you could have Steve Bent's original or The Fall's cover. Steve's is truly terrible so that's probably the one to go with.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I know someone who toured a play with Steve Bent.....some erm....interesting observations.....

I don't think we should allow Udo Lindenburg's 'Germans'....It's way too good...

What about trying to kill two birds with one stone?...

you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Hmm, we all know there are several kinds of bad, and I think the Autobahn song is really, really bad, like not bad it's good, but plain bad. Udo Lindenberg I have to watch shortly with a foreign IP (Germany and GEMA...), and about the Krankies, is there a video of it on YouTube? Couldn't find one... :-(

The family comes from Madrid, and I'm an oblivious foreigner, so they should understand. On the other hand, though, I don't know them well enough to know whether/how my humour works on them. The danger of a lost good gag is what keeps me going, though.

Edit: humor > humour ;-)
                      Easy Sounds channel
                      Easy Sounds blog

Comment

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
                        I know someone who toured a play with Steve Bent.....some erm....interesting observations.....
                        Can we be privy to them?
                        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
                          German Folk Song was always pretty annoying on the CASIO VL-TONE:
                          I remember my sisters watching in awe as I 'performed' this on my new Christmas VL-Tone, pressing keys and hitting likely looking buttons at random intervals. I may even have thrown in a foxy little dance number. 10 minutes of my family thinking I was a certified Casio wunderkind and even better than Howard Jones. They were half right, though, weren't they, Howard?

Comment

They bombed his chippy apparently. If only he had been in it at the time.

The Downstairs Lounge
                            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

This seems to be funny.

at least thats what Jello thinks.

All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Working...
                              X