KPM in 'The Machinist'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KPM in 'The Machinist'

Watched 'The Machinist' the other night and there's a scene with Christian Bale in a bar and a Hawkshaw track from 'Soul Organ Showcase' is in the background. Bizarre...- good film by the way.
    Library blog

Originally posted by bionic boy
    Watched 'The Machinist' the other night and there's a scene with Christian Bale in a bar and a Hawkshaw track from 'Soul Organ Showcase' is in the background. Bizarre...- good film by the way.
    You know... I never ever paid any attention to that kind of background music before I discovered the world of e-z listening, library music and likes...

Well, in movies maybe I did a little, but never in documentaries on TV - but nowadays it happens every so often that I find myself unable to switch channel because I need to hear that interesting piece of background music that illustrates the microbes attacking some bacteria or whatever...

I probably watch a lot more uninteresting TV nowadays, just because of my interest and fascination with "functional music". Heck, I can't even go shopping or go to a restaurant without trying to analyze what they are trying to get me to do with psychologically chosen background music...

At McDonalds - fast uptempo music - they want you to eat up quick and leave room for new customers

At the Supermarket - slower stuff to make you linger staring at products and move slowly between the shelves so you get a good look at all they can offer

At Special Offer sections in a store - put a loudespeaker near it, with slightly louder volume - it's scientifically proven that people are unconsciously drawn towards the source of a sound...

Boy - what a rant....

Maybe it had nothing to do with what was originally in this thread either...
    Forgive me - it's Sunday, I'm at work, and rather tired....
    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Interesting stuff though, Brainbomb. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb
        At the Supermarket - slower stuff to make you linger staring at products and move slowly between the shelves so you get a good look at all they can offer
        Notice also that in supermarket advertisements people are always sauntering along pushing their trolleys slowly and gazing absently at the shelves around them.

Comment

Hey there's music from a Sven Libaek soundtrack in "The Life Aquatic" too.

Also: IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT MOVIE YOU ARE A GOOSE.

Comment

Originally posted by formigo
            Also: IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT MOVIE YOU ARE A GOOSE.
            Exactly correct.
            Laminated with Clarifoilâ„¢

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Oh and I have a feeling you might enjoy Steven Chow's Kung-Fu Hustle, Formigo, if you haven't already.
              Laminated with Clarifoilâ„¢

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Hopkinson
                Oh and I have a feeling you might enjoy Steven Chow's Kung-Fu Hustle, Formigo, if you haven't already.
                My eye is fixed upon it hombre.

Not released out here yet.

Comment

Working...
                X