What's happened to my records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's happened to my records

I ordered the new Floyd 7s from a German seller on discogs before the price went crazy.
    He sends it to me registered as I asked...

A week or so later when I check tracking on the german post office site it says delivered and signed for. Baffled as I ain't got it I follow the link to the royal mail site and input the tracking number which shows it tracked into the country and received at a local ish sorting depot. Then it says delivery was attempted took back to depot and that two days later recipient had collected it??? I check signature and there's a scrawl of my surname and its also printed. It wasn't me as i was in scotland at the time.

I just can't get my head around it... possible theory is the card was left at the wrong address and whoever lives there has gone and signed for it pretending to be me.

Or has the postman mugged me ?
    Gutted to say the least.
    ; (
    Last edited by jay; 10-12-2015, 10:26 PM. Reason: typo

Not sure what's happened mate, but to collect a parcel from the sorting office these days you need ID.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
      Not sure what's happened mate, but to collect a parcel from the sorting office these days you need ID.
      Yeah you do Craig. It's got my head done in...
      It was actually sent to my mother's in Washington as I work away and have collected a load from Washington post office when she ain't been in.

This one's down as Jarrow. Baffled. Going down there when I get back to north east...

Doesn't look good trying to get refunded. Ain't the seller's fault providing he sent it to right address which I've asked for confirmation of...

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
        Well, in theory you need ID...although frankly I can't even remember the last time I was asked to show any.....rotten luck Jay, let's hope the culprit is caught and your vinyl is delivered....
        you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Maybe it's the record gods trying to tell me to stop buying records and instead listen to some of the ones I've bought already and not even played

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
            Maybe it's the record gods trying to tell me to stop buying records and instead listen to some of the ones I've bought already and not even played
            THIS.

Sorry about the apparent thievery Jay, sounds like a proper ball ache. I hope you get your record. But yeah, there are many occasions when I get all excited rushing around buying records, getting home, logging onto discogs, cdandlp, here, looking for more records, ordering more, logging onto ebay, searching for rare psych/funk/jazz records ending soon and hoping no one has bid on them then phoning up your connect in Japan to see if he has anything new in stock. All the while those newly purchased records that just arrived home with are still sitting there in the bag....crying out...begging for attention, yet the addiction has long overtaken any rational thought process......sigh.

Comment

Delivery slip says my neighbours have it. Neighbours say they dont.
              Now what?
              All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
                Delivery slip says my neighbours have it. Neighbours say they dont.
                Now what?
                This happened to me once, turned out the Mr was telling me they didn't have it, but the Mrs had received it and tucked it away and forgotten about it. Until about 3 weeks later.

Comment

Yesterday I got home and there was a card saying 'Package in shed'. There was another card with a '2' written at the top which said, 'Package not in shed, not yours'. The postman had obviously been making his way to the shed, looked at the address, and thought, 'Hang on, this isn't for him', and scribbled a second card and stuck it through the letterbox.
                  "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I have some post that has been delivered and signed for by a Whittaker. no number given. no card through the door. no Whittakers on my street.

as the main post, do you live alone? could someone you live with have collected it and has it stored for Christmas?

all of my records arriving at the moment are going into a Christmas evening pile. so I can open them then, while everyone else is dozing or eating
                    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
                        I have some post that has been delivered and signed for by a Whittaker. no number given. no card through the door. no Whittakers on my street.

as the main post, do you live alone? could someone you live with have collected it and has it stored for Christmas?

all of my records arriving at the moment are going into a Christmas evening pile. so I can open them then, while everyone else is dozing or eating
                        I always send stuff to my mother's as I'm constantly away from home working. She hasn't signed for it plus she wouldn't have signed for it in my surname (hers is different) and the tracking evidence shows mine.
                        Discogs seller just references the delivery confirmation not much else they can do although I have asked them twice to confirm the address.
                        Rang sort office 28 times this morning no answer.
                        Going down there first thing tomorrow, I want my records, easier to deal with if it was cheap but it cost £90...

Comment

Good luck with that Jay. Without casting too many aspersions, I get a bit nervous about ordering records this time of year. I've had a few parcels "go missing" over the Christmas period over the years, never to re-appear. I had 3 mates that were full time posties. When I bumped into one of them on his round, I told him I was missing a couple of parcels, he knew where I lived. He told me the temp who was doing "the Christmas post" on my round only lasted a fortnight. They had so many enquiries about missing mail, they tailed him....to the woods nearest the PO. Idiot! He was helping himself to whatever he could pilfer from his postbag. An isolated incident no doubt. We put a great deal of trust in the Post service, and 99.9% of the time it is well placed. I always make a point of getting to know the postie on our round, out of self interest as much as being neighbourly I freely admit. He is my year round Santa after all
                          In answer to your original question Jay, they've been nicked my old son. Unless they have CCTV in the post office collection point (a possibility, as they are pretty hot on protecting their staff from us irate punters), in which case if it was signed for, there should be a record of when it was collected, which would be easy to match up with the footage.
                          As we all know that £90 package is a lot more valuable now
                          Everyone tear down your own little wall
                          That keeps you from being a part of it all
                          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                            Good luck with that Jay. Without casting too many aspersions, I get a bit nervous about ordering records this time of year. I've had a few parcels "go missing" over the Christmas period over the years, never to re-appear. I had 3 mates that were full time posties. When I bumped into one of them on his round, I told him I was missing a couple of parcels, he knew where I lived. He told me the temp who was doing "the Christmas post" on my round only lasted a fortnight. They had so many enquiries about missing mail, they tailed him....to the woods nearest the PO. Idiot! He was helping himself to whatever he could pilfer from his postbag. An isolated incident no doubt. We put a great deal of trust in the Post service, and 99.9% of the time it is well placed. I always make a point of getting to know the postie on our round, out of self interest as much as being neighbourly I freely admit. He is my year round Santa after all
                            I sort of trusted registered / insured post which should do what it says on the tin.... sadly not. Seller confirmed posted to correct address. German post office got it here and royal mail have somehow screwed it up.

Also who could have nicked it? Is my mother trying to rob me ? No. Highly unlikely it's her neighbours too.
                            That leaves the postman or someone in the sorting office as the chief suspect. Yeah they might have cct and their system records the time it was signed but getting access to it will be another thing

Since this is technically theft and fraud maybe i should go to the police about it.

I'm taking it as a sign I should stop buying records and listen to the hundreds I have lying around I ain't even played.

Comment

Hundreds? Wow! Get listening Jay.....and keep us informed
                              Everyone tear down your own little wall
                              That keeps you from being a part of it all
                              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Working...
                              X