Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dramatic disco for aerobics - suggestions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dramatic disco for aerobics - suggestions please!

Hello all

I hope that you will not hold the increasing infrequency of my visits against me. I have just been stupidly busy. But I return with an interesting challenge...

I am looking for an uptempo disco-style tune that has an obvious (but clean) narrative to create an aerobics routine for a group of primary school children. This year, we used The Bombay Royale's Wild Stallion Mountain -

As you can see/hear, it is very dramatic and you can easily imagine a story to go with it. Heaps of fun was had by all. The task now is to better it! I would love to do Copacabana but sadly murder and alcoholism are rather taboo subjects for Kindergarten. Same goes for Chacun fait ce qui lui plait - musically perfect but dodgy content.

Oh, and since we have a large number of Chinese and Lebanese students, anything in Mandarin or Arabic would be gold!

I await your suggestions and thank you in advance for any hep that is forthcoming.

Best Regards, D.

This is all I got, my forte is more Japanese stuff

Comment

Originally posted by danielandhisorchestra View Post
      Hello all

I am looking for an uptempo disco-style tune that has an obvious (but clean) narrative to create an aerobics routine for a group of primary school children. Best Regards, D.
      It doesn't get much cleaner than Up With People

"Will our children be sacraficial lambs offered up to ease the fears of the multinational corporations like so many brainwashed media zombies? Petroleum and it's byproducts should not be a dependancy in a technology based society. Nothing lasts for ever and we cannot ask God for our gasoline!" - from Flowers and Birds by Rise Robots Rise

Comment

Not really disco, but here's some crazy Lebanese kiddy pop from Haifa Wehbe and Nancy Ajram.

Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneface View Post
          It doesn't get much cleaner than Up With People

Thanks! This is excellent! Was it released?

* https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...=1&*entries*=0 - mp3 sounds pretty good
          Last edited by danielandhisorchestra; 19-12-2015, 11:00 PM. Reason: add mp3 link

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
            Not really disco, but here's some crazy Lebanese kiddy pop from Haifa Wehbe and Nancy Ajram.

That first one's pretty trippy! Cheers for the ideas, old boy.

Comment

Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
              This is all I got, my forte is more Japanese stuff

Thanks! I love that first one - nice subtle groove to it.

I stumbled on this, which is more modern and pretty cool. It features interesting 'references' to a couple of iconic 80s tunes

Comment

Originally posted by danielandhisorchestra View Post
                Thanks! This is excellent! Was it released?

* https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...=1&*entries*=0 - mp3 sounds pretty good
                Yes, from the 'Encore' LP ... http://www.discogs.com/Up-With-Peopl...elease/3230121

I put it on my Xmas swap CD some years back
                "Will our children be sacraficial lambs offered up to ease the fears of the multinational corporations like so many brainwashed media zombies? Petroleum and it's byproducts should not be a dependancy in a technology based society. Nothing lasts for ever and we cannot ask God for our gasoline!" - from Flowers and Birds by Rise Robots Rise

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneface View Post
                  Yes, from the 'Encore' LP ... http://www.discogs.com/Up-With-Peopl...elease/3230121

I put it on my Xmas swap CD some years back
                  Sweet - might have to pick up a copy... Thnaks again!

Comment

I happened to see the Richie Family "Arabian Nights" for $2 a short while ago. Just listened on Youtube. I might not be posting for a while. Suddenly tired, so tired.

Comment

This is a serious guilty pleasure of mine, Cats Eye OST, nice Japanese groovy funk, but sang in english, not particularly up tempo, mind. But I thought I would suggest it nonetheless.

I will have a look for more and see if there's some up tempo clean disco grooves, im sure I have more. I will try ripping some and PM you

Comment

Comparable to that Bombay Royale song:

Or the original:

Some Pakistani disco from the 80s, albeit I wouldn't call it dramatic (maybe you could speed it up?):

Indian disco ragas, none of his songs have vocals though:

Charanjit Singh also played on this Asha Bhosle Bollywood classic, don't know if it sounds disco enough:

One of my favorite disco songs:

Or what about this one?:

Classic:

This Hush disco cover is absolutely nutters:

Comment

Working...
                        X