Ship containers full of 2 Euro records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship containers full of 2 Euro records

I interviewed the owner of Copenhagen's legendary import record outlet. Enjoy!

http://othersounds.com/interview-rec...-slap-a-olsen/

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
    I interviewed the owner of Copenhagen's legendary import record outlet. Enjoy!

http://othersounds.com/interview-rec...-slap-a-olsen/
    Fantastic story - sounds like an amazing shop and a great guy
    "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Great story, I'm pretty sure I was in the shop one or twice. The Swedish guy mentioned must be "the LP millionaire" who was in the same business, importing overstock records from US. He still figures in organized crime, a year ago or so his front door was shot to pieces, naturally he had no idea by whom, he had no enemies...
      ------------------------------------------------------
      "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Brilliant read.

Recently one of my Swedish friends Lasse had told me a similar story.

Apparently in the 1970's a local business man in Malmo was doing a lot of business in the US and used to ship stuff from the states to Sweden. Whilst transporting other goods he used containers filled to the brim with records as cheap ballast. The records were deadstock titles which hadn't been sold and were cheap to buy en masse. Apparently each trip would hold roughly a dozen containers. When they reached Malmo harbour apparently he unloaded the ship and then opened the containers one by one and people could buy albums of him charging like 10p or so a piece.

I guess this is one of the reasons that the Scandinavian's seem to have such a high proportion of Odyssey, 100% Pure Poison, Stark Reality etc.

Comment

Absolutely brilliant, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by tjh392 View Post
            Brilliant read.

Recently one of my Swedish friends Lasse had told me a similar story.

Apparently in the 1970's a local business man in Malmo was doing a lot of business in the US and used to ship stuff from the states to Sweden. Whilst transporting other goods he used containers filled to the brim with records as cheap ballast. The records were deadstock titles which hadn't been sold and were cheap to buy en masse. Apparently each trip would hold roughly a dozen containers. When they reached Malmo harbour apparently he unloaded the ship and then opened the containers one by one and people could buy albums of him charging like 10p or so a piece.
            I guess that's the "LP millionaire" again, as he was operating here in Malmö, transporting "other stuff" as well. He has a long history of dubious and mostly criminal affairs. 2012 he "received a gift" of £1 million from a 91 year old man, which was contested in vain. A year later when he filed for bankruptcy the money was gone of course. I was too young at the time when he was operating with records, but was fascinated by the name that was used in the press, "the LP millionaire".
            ------------------------------------------------------
            "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Great stuff man, always wanted to find a forgotten warehouse with stock from there.

Comment

Working...
              X