Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Xmas! Take a moment to reflect ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Xmas! Take a moment to reflect ...

... on decorations that touch your soul and remind you of the true meaning of Xmas.

This does not of that.

Every year my wife and I agonise over choosing presents my mum will like and invariably fail.
    This year she raved about this gift from a neighbour, exclaiming she was 'thrilled to bits'.
    "I'd like to put outside but I think someone might steal it"

Any interesting, bizarre, very old, horribly new, gauche or gorgeous decorations welcome in this thread.

MERRY XMAS!!!
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Merry Christmas, Ian, hope you're having a good 'un - found these in an Oxfam a few years back and they go on display every xmas - I've never bothered to unpack them as this is the first year I've had a tree, but they definitely don't go with it, so packed they'll stay. They provoke something of a 'Marmite' response - some are positively disquieted by them....

The company that made them, more commonly known for making 'ghettoblaster' design backpacks, handbags and purses seems to have gone bust about eight years ago and I can't find another example on the www. so perhaps they're rare?

Each of the characters has a description on the back; in case you can't read them, they are (L-R)...

Reeka - 'Big sister to all the dolls. Loves to skate the Brooklyn banks and has a thing for imported Japanese denim.'

Anna - 'The middle child. Has some intimacy issues. Likes to get tattoos and hates anything pink.'

Mimi - 'Baby sis, but definitely not the baby. Known for her taste for trouble and tomboy tendencies.'

What could be more Christmassy?
    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
      ... on decorations that touch your soul and remind you of the true meaning of Xmas.
      That is quite spectacularly hideous. I'd buy it.

All the best Ian!
      "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

I don't remember The New York Dolls looking like that
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Working...
        X