Easybeats Stevie Wright has died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easybeats Stevie Wright has died.

Passed away yesterday in a Hospital in Australia at the age of 68. Details in the Daily Mail's Australia section.
    eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
    Passed away yesterday in a Hospital in Australia at the age of 68. Details in the Daily Mail's Australia section.
    Yes, just heard about it. It is all over the TV news here, this morning.
    There was a segment on the local nightly current-affairs program only 1-2 years ago where the camera crew went into the nursing home he was staying at and interviewed him and his partner. I was shocked to see the state he was in. He could hardly talk properly. It made me genuinely sad.
    It could be argued that he and George Young and Harry Vanda put Australia on the world stage in the music scene. A huge feat, if true.
    There will never be another one like him.
    I hate to use an American cliche at this time but I gotta say "ROCK ON, Stevie!"

Comment

What a front man! Sad to hear of his passing. Echo your comments above JB. 2 of my favourites.....by anyone.

Everyone tear down your own little wall
      That keeps you from being a part of it all
      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
        What a front man! Sad to hear of his passing. Echo your comments above JB. 2 of my favourites.....by anyone.
        Yes, top choices there. LOve, "Wedding Ring" also.

Gotta link this this one for the forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPveBD6WWXc

Interestingly, check out the crowd size. Huge!
        Then check out the kids hanging around actually on the edge of the stage. This is the case all the way through. Infact, there are more kids there at the end of the song. What security? That is so funny compared to how it is now. No terrorists, no guys with adverse reactions to Aropax, nothing like that so no security staff needed at all. No 2nd-thought. No analysis.
        Just be there with the music - - - - total bliss.

Comment

Working...
        X