GINETTE RENO & JOHNNY HARRIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GINETTE RENO & JOHNNY HARRIS

Is the Everything That I Am Lp of Ginette Reno on Decca (69) arranged by Johnny Harris worth getting?

If that's the one with her ace version of 'Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood' on it then, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blighty
      If that's the one with her ace version of 'Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood' on it then, yes.
      That's exactly the one, yes. Thanx!

Comment

And since we are in the subject, at the same place there are a couple of Bassey albums arranged by Johnny Harris besides the Something one. Any of those are worth getting also?

Comment

If they're dirt cheap (ie pence) then there may be something on there you like but other than that I wouldn't bother. They're all sold huge amounts and are very common and I've never heard anything besides the two good tracks on 'Something' that I'd want to hear more than once. The Ginette Reno on the other hand is harder to find. There's a 45 of 'DLMBM' which even harder to find than the album and can be rather pricey. Great version too complete with a nice break at the start. If you DJ with works well in the post 'Kill Bill' world too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blighty
            What's the cover look like - think I might have this
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
              Guzzo listed it in one if the Ish charts over at Soulstrut. There's a picture there, Lee.

Comment

Ginette Reno's own site has a pretty thorough LP discography on it here, complete with cover snaps and tracklistings. I quite like the next LP she did too, with 'Spinning Wheel' on it (and buying it from the seller in Canada at the same time as the earlier album made the postage worthwhile!).

Shirley Bassey does a wonderful version of 'The Look of Love' on 'I, Capricorn', with Johnny Harris at the helm, but it's more of interest as a mood piece than a floor-filler. And there's an outtake from the 'Something' sessions of Dame Shirl/Johnny H doing 'Vehicle' which is great, but only available on the current 'Sisters Sanctified vol 1' bootleg, I'm afraid.
                The Pop Music Library

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
                  Ok

here it is:

Comment

Hurrah! That's the one I've got

Never even noticed that track until I heard Col Wolfes Xmax CD
                    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Ana a link to the little drum break and first 30 seconds of the song:

http://dubt.250free.com/reno.mp3

Comment

Originally posted by Digga
                        And since we are in the subject, at the same place there are a couple of Bassey albums arranged by Johnny Harris besides the Something one. Any of those are worth getting also?
                        The follow-up "Something Else" is disappointing.

Gatefold features a rather disturbing attempting by Shirls to get all sex-kittened up too.

Comment

ooh, have had that Ginette Reno for ages and a) not yet listened to it and b) don't think i had spotted Johnny Harris's name on it. i like it when that happens

Comment

Working...
                          X