David Bowie dies of cancer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Bowie dies of cancer.

Just reported on the news. Can't believe it.
    eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Shit news, just caught it on the telly. Very sad indeed.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
      Just reported on the news. Can't believe it.
      Just heard about it 10 mins ago on the news. I was shocked! Took me a moment to let it seep into my mind before I fully understood it. Beyond comment, from me.

Comment

Shocking. Genuinely shocking.
        <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Very shocked. From Starman on TOTP I was hooked. All the news stations are full of eulogies and reminiscing already. A mark of a great man.

Comment

Originally posted by jb stanislas View Post
            Just heard about it 10 mins ago on the news. I was shocked! Took me a moment to let it seep into my mind before I fully understood it. Beyond comment, from me.
            Same as. Had to do a double take when I opened the Guardian home page. My brother is going to be gutted when he finds out.
            record licker

Comment

Originally posted by candiman View Post
              Very shocked. From Starman on TOTP I was hooked. All the news stations are full of eulogies and reminiscing already. A mark of a great man.
              There is a special highlited "breaking news" ticker about it, on the govt. funded news channel here in Australia. Mark of a great man, indeed.

Comment

First thing I heard when I turned the Radio on this morning. Huge loss, love or hate him like 'The Beatles' you can't deny the influence he had on popular music and Art in general. I've just never been a huge fan as such, have my favorite tunes and he has my respect but in terms of influence, reinvention in music (probably the master of it), fashion he's right up there.

Some might say he took from the underground he saw around him and made it mainstream especially towards the middle of his career but that to me is a skill in itself. Everyone across the world has a favorite Bowie song I guess and that speaks volumes. Mines probably 'Suffragette City' always has been.

His recent recent prolific output kind of makes sense now. So does the imagery in those new videos too I guess.

RIP
                Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Y'know I'm not a massive Bowie fan, but this has caught me completely, I didn't think David Bowie could die... Respect.
                  In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

As above- just switch 6 music on when I got to the office... five star legend...

"It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

This is Major Tom to Ground Control. I'm stepping through the door.

Comment

Through the 70s I bought each album as it was released and was always amazed. Lodger was the last I bought. I sold them all a long time ago though.
                        Last year I bought back Diamond Dogs as I love the Sweet Thing/Candidate section. The best thing he ever wrote imo and my favourite album. His guitar playing is fantatsic on DD too. rip.
                        galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

Originally posted by bradx View Post
                          Last year I bought back Diamond Dogs as I love the Sweet Thing/Candidate section. The best thing he ever wrote imo and my favourite album. His guitar playing is fantatsic on DD too. rip.
                          I agree, a lot of his stuff doesn't connect with me, but this is absolutely next-level. If anyone has passed it over...

Comment

To make Low, Heroes, The Idiot, and Lust for Life in one year. - Phenomenal. R.I.P
                            https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

A massive part of my childhood / teens has just gone.

OK we never really got on after Scary Monsters but I always at least checked I didn't like his latest direction. He was always, at the very least, interesting.

Low / Heroes / Lodger was THE soundtrack to a certain part of my life and for those LPs alone I'll be forever greatful.

Genuinely gutted.
                              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
                              X