Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cashing in...

http://collectorsfrenzy.com/

five copies of blackstar sold for profit on a 24 hr sale. started 11th ended 12th january.

c**** the lot of them.
    "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Ok so they made a few quid from cashing in their Bowie purchases. It's not like they're grave-robbers or anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Fortunate One View Post
        Ok so they made a few quid from cashing in their Bowie purchases. It's not like they're grave-robbers or anything!
        I think it's the notion that people buy just to make a quick buck. Norman records say they ordered 150 but only got 3 due to demand. If those 3 go to people who just want to flip them people who want to listen to music- they're still out there, I believe- lose out. In the case of those above they're probably going to be flipped again or slid, still shrink wrapped, into a collection of never to be played records. Tragic.
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Fucking hell - $1249.75! - I can't say I wouldn't be tempted.

Who is paying that sort of crazy money? The buyers and sellers both are locked together in a dance of the idiots IMO.
          "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

~ ULTRA RARE ~ DAVID BOWIE ~ BLACKSTAR ~ DELUXE ~ LIMITED ~ CLEAR VINYL LP ~
            ~~ LIMITED TO 5000 WORLDWIDE ~ BRAND NEW PRE-ORDER COPY ~ 24 HOUR AUCTION! ~~
            You are bidding on the ultra rare clear vinyl LP of Blackstar which is an absolutely incredible piece of work from a truly iconic artist.
            Following the incredibly sad news of David Bowie's death this morning the importance of this album cannot be underestimated.
            There were only 5000 copies reportedly available in the Deluxe Clear Vinyl - As such this is a real collectors piece and will hold its value well into the future.

This is a pre-order copy which is currently on its way to me (the release was delayed / presumably, for obvious reasons) - I have included a screen grab of my pre-order email receipt. (Litho Not Included in this Auction)
            I am a record collector and have thought really hard about whether to keep this or not but money is very tight for me right now and with the surge in demand for this I can't afford not to sell it :-(

I hope someone who is a huge fan of the man will win this and treasure it as I would.
            I will dispatch this as soon as it is received (I'm hoping it will be here in the next few days - as I received a dispatch notice on Friday)
            "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

Comment

This >

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
              I think it's the notion that people buy just to make a quick buck. Norman records say they ordered 150 but only got 3 due to demand. If those 3 go to people who just want to flip them people who want to listen to music- they're still out there, I believe- lose out. In the case of those above they're probably going to be flipped again or slid, still shrink wrapped, into a collection of never to be played records. Tragic.
              Found it funny in the few charity shops I've been in people have said things like ' Hope there's no Bowie in that lot' or 'Bet everyone will be looking for David Bowie records now' Bizarre, why exactly I think they're confusing him with Vincent Van Goth. I wasn't looking for Bowie before and I'm not now but I hope his die hard fans got their limited editions for the RRP not bought by some twat who'll file away on a shelf for twenty years.

I don't know... I have a problem with non music lovers ripping off people with a passion for it.
              Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

I would have qualms on the basis that I might be exploiting the weak - sometimes people have a compulsion to buy which one should, in all conscience, help them to resist. There is also the related idea that one is complicit in a rather ugly kind of conspicuous consumption. Various chats touching on that here.

Putting that aside, I would grip-and-flip with no compunctions. Consenting adults. Their money, their choice. Etc. I could use the $1200 to pay for groceries, fuel bills, all sorts. The odd record, even.

The high price can easily be seen as a testament to the significance of Bowie’ s contribution to modern culture (I only rate the odd track – but that is just me). Certainly more so than ‘can’t move this rot at any price’. Tough living for your art, then being close to death and being confronted with that.

Comment

I ordered my clear vinyl copy on Saturday through Discogs and at the time thought that £48 was a bit steep, but it's bound
                  to be nice what with it's die-cut sleeve and clear vinyl n that. Then after DB passing on Monday morning and seeing the the
                  price for this edition go nuts I thought maybe the seller will have changed their mind and suddenly realised he was out of stock
                  or something but no, it's been paid for and despatched so I was lucky to pick it up before all the hoo ha.
                  I never had any intention of selling it on anyway but now I'll have to get a standard vinyl copy just so I can keep the clear one sealed
                  coz I am sad like that, but HMV etc have now sold out. I have bought the CD and this is even after I had downloaded the thing a few weeks back.
                  The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Cashing in on Death: The David Bowie Commemorative Extravaganza

http://www.globalresearch.ca/cashing...aganza/5501091
                    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Ironically there will be another glut of Bowie records in the booters now this spring.
                      Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

I don't see the issue. If I had a copy and knew I could make that much money I'd sell it. After the Bowie death mania has died down I'm sure the prices will drop accordingly.

let's face it, he wasn't adverse to monetizing the Bowie brand, e.g. the 'Bowie Bonds' he made $55m off
                        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

id sell one too, if I had one or found one.
                          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

A lot of the egregious examples cited up-thread were listed before Bowie died. What were the sellers supposed to do, pull the sale out of respect? All the Bowie stuff I had on Discogs has gone over the last few days - should I have withdrawn it or maybe jacked up the prices so they weren't bought by Bowie speculators? It's a jungle out there...

Comment

Sometimes it makes me wonder...
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                              X