Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Arts TV Series NEEDS YOU!

Hi All,

I hope you don't mind me posting here, I wondered if any UK based people would have any interest in the following:

'We’re looking for devoted fans of music from the 1960s to the 1990s for a brand new Sky Arts series in which we’ll look back at some of the definitive moments in music.

Whether you were there at the time and have a story to tell, or just consider yourself a devoted fan and memorabilia collector, we’d love to hear from you. We're keen to hear from people who saw concerts, gigs and other live events, perhaps also people who managed to meet the musicians while they were on tour. It may be that you have photos of yourself with your friends at some iconic gigs, or maybe you took a cine film or a handycam video of a band when they visited your home town?

We are looking for contributors to appear in the show to share their stories and experiences with us on camera.

We can however only use UK Based Contributors!

If there's any problems posting here, please feel free to remove it, or if anyone knows anyone else/groups that might be interested or have some great stories, please feel free to drop me an email to [email protected]
    Last edited by ZnakJonesTV; 18-01-2016, 07:52 AM. Reason: updated!

Sounds great.

Shame that Sky and Fox are so soiled.

Comment

I met Jimmy Cricket once. True story.
      The Downstairs Lounge
      http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
      http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
        I met Jimmy Cricket once. True story.
        I once shared a urinal with Russ Abbott. Splashed my jacket and then someone asked him to "do" C U Jimmy whilst he washed his hands...
        the monkey speaks his mind

Comment

I was in a toilet at a festival and the drummer from Ash came in. True story.

Comment

I once trod on Bjork's foot, I apologised and she told me not worry. True story.

Comment

Carol Decker's toddler peed all over my shoes. She didn't apologise and I told her not to worry. True story.

Comment

After seeing Led Zep at Knebworth, My 4 mates and I went back to the field where we left our tents (not on the official camp site). There was nothing left except for a pair of my mates underpants. We kipped in some bushes. We were woken next morning by a helicopter it was very close and extremely loud. We walked through the hedge, and on the other side of the road we saw Led Zeppelin emerge from The Roebuck Inn. Before they got in a couple of them looked over the other side of the road at the bedraggled bunch gazing in awe. When they took off, I'm sure I saw them pointing and having a laugh at us looking up at them. No wonder, as I turned around to go back and get my bag, I noticed the lucky sod who hadn't been completely cleaned out was standing there half asleep, holding his pants!
                I feel exorcised now I've shared.
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

I saw a Motörhead soundcheck when i was 11 years old while collecting plastic cups at a Bones MC festival. True story
                  All the Wolpertingers

Comment

While working at Dillons in Birmingham New Street, I sold a book on giant squid to Belinda Carlisle. Turns out she is married to James Mason's son, and at the time her son was obsessed with 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and all things cephalopod. He's a political activist now apparently, which is a shame as he would have made a great marine biologist.
                    The Downstairs Lounge
                    http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                    http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

I guarantee this thread will be more entertaining than the TV show....
                      it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                      take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

I saw Dominic West in a shoe shop in Covent Garden once.
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

I once played on the same bill as Chas Hodges' son and both Chas and Dave were at the gig. I suggest you drop them a line and find out how good I was.
                          https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

You could ask my girlfriend about the time she was working in a bookshop and helped Holly Johnson exchange his copy of the Madonna Sex Book, which was falling apart but not from overuse apparently - it was a manufacturing failure affecting several copies. He was very polite apparently. Though her favourite encounter was with Richard Harris in HMV, who, when paying for various CDs, took his shoe off to extract the money from his sock. I nearly served Bjork at Books etc in the 90s, but she was distracted by her daughter and went to another part of the shop.
                            "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

.... and I babysat for Brian Eno in Woodbridge, Suffolk in 1985. My then girlfriend got the gig, and I gatecrashed, but mistimed my getaway and got caught by Brian and his wife / partner as they returned. Luckily I had my trousers on. It was fine - they didn't seem to be too bothered. Nice Victorian mansion I recall. I checked the lyrics of his songs after that, to see if I got a mention, but nothing yet, unless it is on a B-side. He used to drive around in a Sinclair C5, and drink in the Old Red Lion - which was the more raucous pub in town.
                              "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X