Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is waxidermy down

Is waxidermy down , or is just for me ?

Something is up with it, that's for sure...
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Yeah. Darn it.

Comment

Bonerz revenge.
        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

I suspect it's just that Jeff forgot to put some money in the meter. It's happened before.
          <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Either that or diplo's post requesting Barry Manilow heat was an acid test for whether the site should continue?

In which case I can proudly proclaim my championing of Bazza's craft was the last straw and the one that broke the Waxi camel's back, but really, they should have made it through that rain, they should have kept their point of view. (Even now)

Could this thread be usefully employed for VG+ers to post their favourite Barry songs?
            <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Gawjuss AND you can sing a long to it too. I recall reading this one was written for his dead grandmother.
              That aside, it's still awesome. Ecstasy when the chorus surges in at 1.18 and when it reprises even more powerfully at the end.

Haterz gonna hate, but when he did this live in Birmingham it was mind-blowing.

Comment

Facemelting Intro and stunning orchestration. (I suspect by Marty Paich who did most of Bazza's stuff).

Comment

Please Ian, no Bazza

Thank You
                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                    Please Ian, no Bazza

Thank You
                    Pffft. Waxi were FAR more receptive to Baz's limited, but euphoric, pop masterpieces.

I think.

Comment

Copacabana.

Has any other writer ever set up a whodunit just before the bridge? And tailored it to a cha cha cha beat - WHO. SHOT. WHO?
                      Is there more economical character description that "His name was Rico, he wore a diamond"?
                      Even the half-rhyme of "Lola" and "showgirl" hints at the unease to follow.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

HCrink On hold with the hosting place. I think I just need to pay my bill but am locked out of their website at the moment.
                        record licker

Comment

Tense moments
                          https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
                          http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
                          https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
                          https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                            Copacabana.

Has any other writer ever set up a whodunit just before the bridge? And tailored it to a cha cha cha beat - WHO. SHOT. WHO?
                            Is there more economical character description that "His name was Rico, he wore a diamond"?
                            Even the half-rhyme of "Lola" and "showgirl" hints at the unease to follow.
                            Are you listening Medlar?
                            Whodunit's ? are rare in music generally and rarely dun as masterfully as the Manilow does here.
                            Didshedoit's? are even rarer. I can only think of 'Angie Baby', the 'special lady''. The headline did indeed read that a boy disappeared and everyone thought he died. Except of course the crazy lady 'with a secret lover who keeps her satisfied.'

Angie Baby, THE perfect 'Didshedoit?' unfortunately raises scientific / sexual / biological questions than it doesn't answer. There are no details on how she killed the 'neighbour boy with evil on his mind', and I can live with that. But ...

a) ... where does she keep the body where her parents can't discover it?
                            b) ... how does she stop the body from putrefying?
                            c) .... have we misinterpreted 'special lady' in the first instance? (Is she 'special' in that she is a trained embalmer?)

I guess we'll never have a satisfactory answer but at least I have one of my favourite songs in the whole world and it's a curious case of 'I don't know why I like it so much.'

A genuine whydoilikeit?

Comment

And the fucking, twatting, dumbasfuck major label who own the song have removed all YouTube's of the original single.
                              WAYTOGO major label! WELL DONE! Hundreds of thousands will head to ITunes to download it.
                              I hope all major labels die completely very, very soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X