Anyone know discogs seller 'recordsuneeduk'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know discogs seller 'recordsuneeduk'

I've placed an order after a want turned up, the same record that appeared and soon after disappeared a month ago. The seller removed all stock and has just relisted 3000 odd records, some v pricey. I'm a little concerned that he only takes BACS payment, I even offered to pay via paypal and cover the fees but still insists on bank transfer. He may be legit but I'm wary. He's in the UK and with the volume and type of records he's listed thought there might be chance someone knows this seller?

I've seen that guy's listings- he has 15 or so on my wantlist but prices are indeed steep.

What I do, if in doubt, is ask for sellers to send me a photo of the record next to a piece of paper with my ebay/discogs ID on it

If they can't be bothered to do that (takes a second on a smartphone which most people have nowadays), then walk away

Comment

I don't know him but I have to say I was persuing his stock last night and three things popped into my head, "someone is cashing his chips in", "pricey" and "this is too good to be true"...
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

One he has came up on my wantlist from him yesterday then I read his postage terms

MINIMUM UK POST CHARGE IS £6.01
        all vinyl discs are near mint, or mint if sealed or unplayed uk factory stock.
        most sleeves are vg+, or between vg to nm depending on how strictly seen ???
        then I looked at his feedback , he only joined discogs 2 months ago, and thought absolutely no way would I buy anything from him

And if he wont accept paypal even when you've offered to pay the fees ...... doesn't bode well

Comment

From his feedback :
          Sound quality not great, but CD arrived in excellent condition
          So be careful

Comment

the stock list is remarkably on-point for this site, wouldn't surprise me if they were current or historic plusser/ vulture.

lots of stock listed at the same price, and as discussed above, the numbers do look a bit toppy.

Comment

Originally posted by collectionneur maniaque View Post
              From his feedback :

So be careful
              Does have 90 positives to two negatives to be fair...and no it's not me, my ID is same as here, and no i don't want your bloody overpriced records, I only use it as a glorified jukebox.
              record licker

Comment

I was surprised to see how many sealed grail records he had (until he opened them for recording.) Out of 3,363 records for sale only 7 are VG+??

I guess with Paypal fees being quite steep I can understand why they may want to use BACS. But at least he does offer a tracking number with his orders.

every order will be given a tracking number when posted.
                if you dont receive your order within two business days after
                order is marked as shipped you need to check delivery status
                on royal mail website here
                https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item

all record discs, sleeves & cd's are very carefully inspected under ultra bright spot lights before sending

all unsealed items over 50.00 pounds in value are play graded in full before sending

if you have a problem with an item please contact me first & straightaway

i cannot accept paypal or ship outside the uk also i am offline weekends and some fridays

Comment

Thanks for comments. He claims he's sold to me before, I've yet to hear back on what or when that was. I've asked him to take a photo which would at least prove he has it, nothing sent yet, he's also ignoring clear, direct questions. He wont allow collections.

Not sure what to make of this seller, I contacted a few recent buyers, one received a refund but not sure if this was a bacs payment, another paid by bacs and got the record and says all was fine, so allayed some concerns. I did notice further back in his feedback a buyer left a negative that mentioned no records, no refunds and no response.

Lastly he's asked that I hold payment until he confirms the day of posting, on which day I would then need to make payment. All a bit odd.

How long do discogs put up with shady activity, presumably he can't get away with too many negatives where buyers claim nothing was received?

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                    Does have 90 positives to two negatives to be fair...and no it's not me, my ID is same as here, and no i don't want your bloody overpriced records, I only use it as a glorified jukebox.
                    They are not all positives, a lot (10-15 or so) are neutrals where people didn't get the records. I'd assume he has access to a big stash of records but for some reason can't be arsed/can't get access to do the double-checking. Maybe he's selling 'em for someone else or something? Weird anyway but too many positives to be a total rip off artist.
                    "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

The seller took a photo of LP cover with his ID on paper next to it, so has it. He says his name is 'John Richards' –with this many records listed I'd of thought someone would know a UK collector/seller with this name assuming it's genuine - anyone know him? He can't remember when he dealt with me before, is evasive, so direct questions are rarely answered and what I do get out of him is piecemeal. Some buyers have said he's fine, others that they randomly received money back a month later. He may well have built up feedback to this point to then try a major scam, or he could just be odd and disorganised.

Comment

Originally posted by proteus View Post
                        The seller took a photo of LP cover with his ID on paper next to it, so has it. He says his name is 'John Richards' –with this many records listed I'd of thought someone would know a UK collector/seller with this name assuming it's genuine - anyone know him? He can't remember when he dealt with me before, is evasive, so direct questions are rarely answered and what I do get out of him is piecemeal. Some buyers have said he's fine, others that they randomly received money back a month later. He may well have built up feedback to this point to then try a major scam, or he could just be odd and disorganised.
                        ...did you ask for a discount on postage?
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                          Support the odd and disorganised community.
                          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                            Surely no need- the postage must be free?
                            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                              Surely no need- the postage must be free?
                              It's worth asking... what's the worst that could happen?
                              Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Working...
                              X