Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr sayers
    replied
    Take it up with paypal James mate, I certainly would be at this point.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Cant edit post but what made me laugh was eBay worded it like he had won the case 'Congratulations, Now all you have to do is send it back and upload the tracking information to us'

So yeah I guess what I'm trying to say is I was accused of attempted murder on eBay by electric shock.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    I sold a rack-mount synth on eBay and the seller claimed it was faulty and basically I could have killed him he also said it didn't work and had been meddled with. He knew this as it had non standard screws in the base. (They weren't non standard they were holding the transformer in place any google image search would prove this) also saying 'and don't tell me to open it up and do so and so' as if predicting mad questions I may come back with basically a torrent of crazed abuse, all untrue.

Anyway I reply in a polite manner 'Send it back and I'll refund you, I'm upset you think this etc etc' because as a private seller I knew he was liable for return postage and I knew there was nothing wrong with it and I know responding to crazy angry people in a calm reserved manner makes them even madder.

I had emails from him on a nightly basis bizarrely at really odd times after midnight, probably after he'd had a few, I remained polite throughout and during the case started addressing my comments to 'eBay' and that I would no longer continue dialogue with him as he was so abusive. This sent him even more over the edge but I knew eBay don't read them anyway they just deal in hard facts which in this instance was his admittance of receipt and my courier receipt and tracking info. However it was hilarious how enraged he got especially when I said eBay could have free access to my mail account to read his witterings. I was enjoying myself no end but had worries he may try and damage said item so littered my replies with 'in the condition I sent it in etc'. I'd even sent it in a wooden crate like box.

He lived on the Isle of Skye or somewhere and was claiming he was disabled and couldn't make it to the post office and 'How could I do this to someone who is disabled' and all sorts. Having a bit of knowledge about such things I found no reason to believe a word he said.

I found similar feedback that he'd done the same thing to others even accused one guy of sending and item with a cracked screen when in the listing it clearly shows the screen was cracked and the seller mentioned it. It was quite an eye opener researching him found letters he'd sent to his sons school going mad (so knew he had a family at least at one time) and all sorts. I also knew from his address he was within 5 minutes walk of the Post Office in point of fact it was at the end of his road.

If he was as disabled as he made out how could he be clambering under tables etc plugging synths and cables in, I know its hard work and if he was extremely disabled he would have a carer who could drop it off for him but of course I knew it was all flim-flam. His feedback also revealed he's spent thousands of pounds in the last few months on synth gear so was clearly well off enough to pay the £12:99 return postage for an item that worked.

He called me a 'nasty horrible vile man and hoped I'd burn in hell' or something. Anyway I won the case and the next day he posted it. Got it back plugged it in and it worked, still working happily now in my rack.
    Last edited by amidar; 22-01-2016, 09:03 PM. Reason: context

Leave a comment:

• johnnycasual
    replied
    Originally posted by enrico chiesa View Post
    He has great feedback albeit spread over 10 years of selling...

He said "other people who have had things go missing have accepted that deal"

I think he is just miffed his hyped stuff Didn't go for top dollar
    If he wasn't happy with what it went for then why did he not put it up as a buy it now in the first place at what he wanted for it?

I once had a seller relist a record I'd won after I'd paid for it immediately! He claimed he'd not realized and then when it went for more second time round he contacted me to say he knows its mine but he could sell it to the other guy for more, but I wanted the record!

He then came up with every excuse under the sun not to send the record, claiming he was snowed in, trying to cancel the transaction. I got it in the end, but it was a lot of hard work. Persistence sometimes pays off!

Leave a comment:

• Paul-K
    replied
    Paypal claim. its not your fault. I wait up to three weeks and then claim. looks like you have waited longer.

Leave a comment:

• enrico chiesa
    replied
    I am obviously more pissed I ain't getting the bargains I won!

Leave a comment:

• enrico chiesa
    replied
    He has great feedback albeit spread over 10 years of selling...

He said "other people who have had things go missing have accepted that deal"

I think he is just miffed his hyped stuff Didn't go for top dollar

Leave a comment:

• johnnycasual
    replied
    I'd say go for full refund, is the seller known to people who buy/sell that sort of stuff?

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Sounds like he's playing for time (is it 3 months before you cannot claim or less?) any experienced eBay/discogs or whatever seller who uses Paypal always keeps proof of posting for cases like this and more importantly to avoid being scammed yourself. Its up to him to give you a full refund then claim compo from whatever postal method he used.

As Bradx says its not 50% your fault for buying them!

I'd just politely say enough time has past now give me a full refund or I'll just follow the claim route in the next couple of days if I hear nothing back. Which if he cant produce proof of postage you'll win.

Leave a comment:

• bradx
    replied
    Full refund definitely. Sounds very flaky and fishy to me.
    It's 100% his fault you never got the records - not 50% your fault.

Leave a comment:

• enrico chiesa
    started a topic Ebay refunds query

Ebay refunds query

SO... I won four singles over a month ago and no sign of them... They were hyped in the blurb as 'RARE psych fuzz' etc and due to being comped had gone up in value of late - I got them for a great price.

I messaged him 3 weeks in and he said "oh? Can you wait a bit longer?"... So I did.

No sign of them after 36 days from overseas and I asked the guy does he have proof of posting.

He says NO and would I take 50% as a refund as his gesture. He does have 100% good feedback (as do I).

Now - without a receipt I have doubts he ever posted them...

Would you chase a full refund by PayPal case or give him benefit of doubt?

Thanks
Working...
X