Garage psych Euro cheapies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage psych Euro cheapies

Since trading a few records with pencilface and receiving a copy of the polanie LP then reading old threads and then reading that factmag article on garage 45's im now delving into the world of psych garage/freak fuzz beat, i've been looking at stuff from poland mainly as there are some cheap stylings on offer but alas its all sang in polish. Niebiesko-Czarni have some very interesting stuff, nice music too. So im mainly looking for LP's but if its a must have 45 at a cheap price then please do recommend.

Mainly staying in the realm of garage psych, but I do love a bit of mod stomping. So please do tip me off with anything that is worth checking out.

Im digging this

This is a good one.

http://www.discogs.com/Blue-Effect-S...elease/2245613

i have a sleeveless spare that I use to keep the kitchen door closed.

Edit:

Amazing
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

A different shade of black:

Vulture classic?

All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Always on point Cacapo, there are also a lot of 80's reissues of these polish ones, wondering how the sound quality stacks up compared to the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
          Always on point Cacapo, there are also a lot of 80's reissues of these polish ones, wondering how the sound quality stacks up compared to the originals.
          Possibly better in some cases I hear.
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

So are you just after Eastern European stuff Styles? Or are you after cheap recommendations in general in the "mod psych dancer" style?

A good base line IMO on the E. Euro front is the S/T Matadors lp from '68. Loads of versions, so if you want a cheapie, you should be able to get one no probs. As for the sound, I've got a 1st press and it sounds bloody marvellous. You can understand what they are singing about too.

Further out

More wahwah for your Euro

The Blue Effect flagged up above is top drawer.

If you are on a bit of a mission with this stuff, keep 'em peeled for the Omega Red Star From Hungary lp. Don't think this has had a vinyl reissue as far as I know. Cd is cheap enough though
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

I got this Polish 60s garage punk compilation off Discogs. It's got a bunch of pretty good stuff on it. 95% sung in Polish and no covers (no Gloria or Land of 1000 Dances type things).
                  Might be worth looking at and then chasing originals, if that's what yr into. Personally, I like comps - but not everybody does I realise that.

galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

"Curtain rippers", I like that At what point does the music get inside your head to the extent that you start abusing the soft furnishings?

Oops hold on. The Iron Curtain right?
                    Last edited by treeboy; 26-01-2016, 04:41 PM.
                    Everyone tear down your own little wall
                    That keeps you from being a part of it all
                    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Not garage but psych

"Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

I am a bit bored so here is a list of Ostblock labels that i have been meaning to sort out in my head anyway.

Poland

Polskie Nagrana Muza, or just Muza (includes Polish Jazz series)

Basically everything with a combination of Czarni (black) Czerworne (red) Nebiesko (blue) and Gitary is a beat band with a few good tracks. Also home of Czeslaw Niemen. Enigmatic is an incredible album and so is most of Marek Grechutas (Anawa) early stuff.

Czechoslovakia

The Matadors and Blue effect (or Mrody Effekt) have already mentioned but everything Radim Hladik was involved in is worth your attention.

Hungary

and later Pepita.

Pepita is an incredibly good label. Check out the FK compilation for starters. Lots of favourites like Lok GT, Illes, and Omega.

German Democratic Republic

Amiga including Nova, Eterna, Schola

Other than the hallo series theres just a handful of albums I would recommend (the first Electra and Gewitter). Most of the better tracks from Hallo are also available as DT64 singles.
                        All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                          "Curtain rippers", I like that At one point does the music get inside your head to the extent that you start abusing the soft furnishings?

Oops hold on. The Iron Curtain right?
                          Yes indeed. Communist rockin' from the days of harsh suppression.
                          I got a letter from someone in Poland who liked my show but wanted some Polish music. I think he actually wanted some modern Polish pop or rock as he sent me some links to some well dodgy things to give me some ideas.... but I got this comp off Discogs and played a load off that instead.
                          Never heard vol. 1 ... always meant to look out for it.
                          galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

also whats essential on Opus?
                            All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
                              I am a bit bored so here is a list of Ostblock labels that i have been meaning to sort out in my head anyway.

Poland

Polskie Nagrana Muza, or just Muza (includes Polish Jazz series)

Basically everything with a combination of Czarni (black) Czerworne (red) Nebiesko (blue) and Gitary is a beat band with a few good tracks. Also home of Czeslaw Niemen. Enigmatic is an incredible album and so is most of Marek Grechutas (Anawa) early stuff.

Czechoslovakia

The Matadors and Blue effect (or Mrody Effekt) have already mentioned but everything Radim Hladik was involved in is worth your attention.

Hungary

and later Pepita.

Pepita is an incredibly good label. Check out the FK compilation for starters. Lots of favourites like Lok GT, Illes, and Omega.

German Democratic Republic

Amiga including Nova, Eterna, Schola

Other than the hallo series theres just a handful of albums I would recommend (the first Electra and Gewitter). Most of the better tracks from Hallo are also available as DT64 singles.
                              Thank you so much, appreciate it.

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                              So are you just after Eastern European stuff Styles? Or are you after cheap recommendations in general in the "mod psych dancer" style?
                              Anything really, that omega red star is hard to find, been after it on vinyl for a long time. good shout on the matadors LP too.

Comment

Working...
                              X