Sad news, again. R.I.P. Paul Kantner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news, again. R.I.P. Paul Kantner.

Significant musician indeed. Especially for me who is a real psych/prog-head.

http://tinyurl.com/zef4vnc

Shocking and sad news. Damn it!

That's very sad to hear. Me and Mrs Treeboy were big Airplane fans way back when we first met, so they hold a special place in our house. Kantner was funny, passionate and outspoken. I fell hook line & sinker for the swirly, colourful, mysterious musical canvases they painted. A bit lite psych for some, but for someone just discovering, and exploring with this music, it was just fine and dandy. Obviously he was a massive part of Jefferson Airplane,( I always tought of him as the "pilot" of the group) and , in turn the SF scene. 1st 4-5 lps essential IMO.

Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Very sad news

Comment

I did not know Paul fathered a child with Grace.
        From Wikipedia:

==========

She has one child—a daughter, China Wing Kantner (born January 25, 1971). China's father is the former Jefferson Airplane guitarist Paul Kantner, with whom Slick had a relationship from 1969 to 1975. During her hospital stay after China's birth, Slick joked to one of the attending nurses that she intended to name the child "god" with a lowercase g, as she "wished for the child to be humble." The nurse took Slick seriously, and her report of the incident caused a minor stir, as well as the creation of a rock-and-roll urban legend.

Comment

Working...
        X