Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xian band Parable and their raer LP in the Papers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Xian band Parable and their raer LP in the Papers

    *That should read White Light and their raer LP 'Parable'....soz

    I spotted this in the a paper I wouldn't normally even touch whilst browsing in a caf on Saturday. I know Fuz had a copy of this LP at one time but I can't remember what it sounded like.

    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

  • #2
    A copy of this popped up in my Discogs watch list yesterday for £2, and then disappeared. When it happened again a few minutes later I sent a message to the seller, who said he was trying to list for £2000 but couldn't get it to register... Probably prompted by this article

    Comment


    • #3
      Would also explain why a copy has just popped up on ebay too... Lovely how these records come out of people's attics as soon as a newspaper feature appears.
      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

      Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

      Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

      Comment


      • #4
        Sold mine last year, not sure i'd rate it @ £2,000
        The Sound of Salvation blog

        Final Upgrade Genuine Archive Item
        Vault mint

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice clip over on the BBC too - http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-35503520 - appeared on Saturday
          "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

          Comment


          • #6
            Whilst this is a rather charming record... I don't regret moving this on. I would be warey about any reissue regards it's sound quality as the original ain't to hot. But good luck to them, "one of the world's rarest" well I never...

            Personally, if you are looking for lo-fi, garage, real people, Xian, private presses from Scotland I would steer anyone towards the Living Stones Jesus Music LP, definately one of my favourites in this genre... and there are others I'd rate over Parable as well...
            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

            Eclectic Mud


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
              Personally, if you are looking for lo-fi, garage, real people, Xian, private presses from Scotland I would steer anyone towards the Living Stones Jesus Music LP, definately one of my favourites in this genre... and there are others I'd rate over Parable as well...
              Amen brother
              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

              Comment


              • #8
                According to Ken Scott in The Archivist the Living Stones had a 7" as well... I'm fiending to hear it, but it is apparently rarer than the LP!!! I don't suppose anyone has the 7, and would be able to let me hear it?

                Here's hoping. Thanks in advance...
                In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

                Eclectic Mud


                Comment


                • #9
                  Someone else who read that article: https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/313574397

                  At least the price is a bit more realistic...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Fuz, the Living Stones 7" was released on Thistle Records of all places roundabout 1974 (which was pretty late for the label). I found an old eBay listing a few years back but nothing else since. Was briefly in contact with one of the band members but they didn't really remember much about it either.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                      A copy of this popped up in my Discogs watch list yesterday for £2, and then disappeared. When it happened again a few minutes later I sent a message to the seller, who said he was trying to list for £2000 but couldn't get it to register... Probably prompted by this article
                      Yeah, I saw this, clicked into it to buy it, and it vanished, I was gutted to say the least. Only know the track that is on Youtube, but it sounds right up my street. £2000 is a bit over the top, who does he think he is Migala72, seems to be a lot of pricks on there with overprice shit these days!
                      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sparkly clean reish, £20ish? £450 for a "realistically" priced one? If you've got the dough I suppose.
                        Everyone tear down your own little wall
                        That keeps you from being a part of it all
                        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                        You've just got to be close to it all

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I feel slightly sorry for the band members who find themselves in these scenarios... "See, we WERE amazing forty years ago, it's taken the public THIS long to catch on and our album's worth more than Hendrix records..." Err, the album's worth a fortune BECAUSE it sold precisely nothing and sounds like slightly inept fuzzy lo-fi psych.

                          Am I the only person who reckons there were far fewer than 2,000 copies of this pressed? Especially given that, in my experience, religious records tend to be well looked after and less likely to end up down the dump. I've never found a copy if this in the wild, despite finding three or four Living Stones.
                          Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

                          Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

                          Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
                            Am I the only person who reckons there were far fewer than 2,000 copies of this pressed? Especially given that, in my experience, religious records tend to be well looked after and less likely to end up down the dump. I've never found a copy if this in the wild, despite finding three or four Living Stones.
                            No, my guess would be far fewer than 2,000... I've found one of each... but I reckon Parable is much more scarce...
                            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

                            Eclectic Mud


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Going by how rarely anything pressed by Scotia turns up relative to other labels up here I'd think 2000 was pie in the sky (unless its one of the age old "well we pressed 2000 but only sold about 300 so the rest were binned" type scenarios), although I'm sure I read about them playing religious festivals so maybe there was a big enough market? Anyone have any idea what a typical Scotia run would be? I'd have though the 500-1000 ballpark (purely guesswork by the way).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X