Area Code 615

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area Code 615

Dull country work out or splendid cosmic country psych freakout. You decide and I'll decide if its worth the €20 for Double issue of both lps
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

have got the self-titled one, and it was ok, but i only paid 1.50 for it...

Comment

Further research indicates the first one is pretty common as it has all the Beatles covers but the second one isn't which is the one with The Old Grey Whistle Test music.

There is a good chance my charitable instincts will kick in on this.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Both LP's kind of have there moments but down my neck of the woods you see them around quite a bit and i reckon six quid a pop would be reasonable
        Country be dyin like poor people do
        Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Shiftless When Idle
          Both LP's kind of have there moments but down my neck of the woods you see them around quite a bit and i reckon six quid a pop would be reasonable
          But 6 of your quid are 9 of mine.

John Peel

Comment

A fiver each...

peace.

Comment

Really like the self-titled one (another charity find) and have the Stone Fox Chase on a coupel of comps...you can find it pretty regular, I've got it on a really good Polydor TV Themes sampler which also has Hanged Man and other delights on there.
              Last edited by Little Jimmy Oddman; 22-03-2005, 11:41 PM.
              Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Stone Fox Chase is on a 45 too i believe...

will re-listen to the first. remember it being good, but maybe not worth splashing out too much on

Comment

I agree with Sheep on this one.

I've got a double of "Out in the Country" that I guess I'd trade for NOT MUCH as my "Stone Fox Chase" juggle routine really sucks and I've given up on it.

Comment

I'm feeling the concept of "hoedown fusion" though.

Check out last track side 2 of Hall & Oates' "Abandoned Luncheonette", shit goes all hoedown at the end, it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by formigo
                      I'm feeling the concept of "hoedown fusion" though.

Check out last track side 2 of Hall & Oates' "Abandoned Luncheonette", shit goes all hoedown at the end, it's awesome.
                      Hey FORMIGO check out the track SONNY'S THING by SONNY TERRY & BROWNIE McGHEE it's a mouthorgan Hoedown spectacular with a great intro and a tuff beat and boy does it work on the dancefloor YEEE HAWWW!!!!
                      Country be dyin like poor people do
                      Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

Cheers for the details. I am sure I could get it cheaper if I was paitient but its in the Oxfam shop where an old friend is the Manager so I might as well keep her sweet and get a heads up on good stuff.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by Shiftless When Idle
                          Hey FORMIGO check out the track SONNY'S THING by SONNY TERRY & BROWNIE McGHEE it's a mouthorgan Hoedown spectacular with a great intro and a tuff beat and boy does it work on the dancefloor YEEE HAWWW!!!!
                          Noted. I have a harmonica-playing friend who gets enraged when people call it "mouth organ".

Well, more of an acquaintance.

Now... WHO CAN HOOK UP BROTHER UP WITH THE CRAZY ILL JAW-HARP BREAKS??????????????????????????????????????

eh?

Comment

Now... WHO CAN HOOK UP BROTHER UP WITH THE CRAZY ILL JAW-HARP BREAKS??????????????????????????????????????

eh?
                            There's a Duke of Burlington track on his second LP which is a funky Jaw Harp track - can't remember the title though....soz...
                            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

eh?
                              There is a cracker on a Herbie Mann record, if my conception of what break is anywhere near the conventional...

The album escapes me at this point, i'll get back to you... if someone doesn't get there first.
                              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Working...
                              X