X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sid
    replied
    missin nips??

[QUOTE=someblokecalledfuz]'Muscle Shoals Nitty Gritty' it's the one with Mr Mann holding a pich fork with a babe clinging on to him... and if you look closely way too much body hair on show.................
    ...............looks like some old school airbrushing going on there with her waistcoat too....wicked lp tho

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz
    The album escapes me at this point, i'll get back to you... if someone doesn't get there first.
    'Muscle Shoals Nitty Gritty' it's the one with Mr Mann holding a pich fork with a babe clinging on to him... and if you look closely way too much body hair on show.... track is 'blind willy' and having listened to it last night it may be more of a loop than a break... but hey!

Leave a comment:

• Parkz
    replied
    These an alternative take of ‘Stone fox chase’ on an album by Charlie McCoy.
    Well worth picking up as it should be a cheapie.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by bongolia
    do inanimate objects often shout things at you?
    Yes. I need to get a new prescription...

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich Hero
    I did. It didn't scream ILL FUNKY BANGER at me when I gave it a needle drop, but I'll have another listen sometime.
    do inanimate objects often shout things at you?

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by bongolia
    there's that Harvey Matusow's Jew’s Harp Band which looks odd. no idea what it sounds like.
    Rich - did you get that 45 of theirs in the batch with the PP 45?
    I did. It didn't scream ILL FUNKY BANGER at me when I gave it a needle drop, but I'll have another listen sometime.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    there's that Harvey Matusow's Jew’s Harp Band which looks odd. no idea what it sounds like.
    Rich - did you get that 45 of theirs in the batch with the PP 45?

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    Originally posted by formigo

Now... WHO CAN HOOK UP BROTHER UP WITH THE CRAZY ILL JAW-HARP BREAKS??????????????????????????????????????

eh?
    There is a cracker on a Herbie Mann record, if my conception of what break is anywhere near the conventional...

The album escapes me at this point, i'll get back to you... if someone doesn't get there first.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Now... WHO CAN HOOK UP BROTHER UP WITH THE CRAZY ILL JAW-HARP BREAKS??????????????????????????????????????

eh?
    There's a Duke of Burlington track on his second LP which is a funky Jaw Harp track - can't remember the title though....soz...

Leave a comment:

• formigo
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiftless When Idle
    Hey FORMIGO check out the track SONNY'S THING by SONNY TERRY & BROWNIE McGHEE it's a mouthorgan Hoedown spectacular with a great intro and a tuff beat and boy does it work on the dancefloor YEEE HAWWW!!!!
    Noted. I have a harmonica-playing friend who gets enraged when people call it "mouth organ".

Well, more of an acquaintance.

eh?

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    Cheers for the details. I am sure I could get it cheaper if I was paitient but its in the Oxfam shop where an old friend is the Manager so I might as well keep her sweet and get a heads up on good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Shiftless When Idle
    replied
    I'm feeling the concept of "hoedown fusion" though.

Check out last track side 2 of Hall & Oates' "Abandoned Luncheonette", shit goes all hoedown at the end, it's awesome.
    Hey FORMIGO check out the track SONNY'S THING by SONNY TERRY & BROWNIE McGHEE it's a mouthorgan Hoedown spectacular with a great intro and a tuff beat and boy does it work on the dancefloor YEEE HAWWW!!!!

Leave a comment:

• formigo
    replied
    I'm feeling the concept of "hoedown fusion" though.

Check out last track side 2 of Hall & Oates' "Abandoned Luncheonette", shit goes all hoedown at the end, it's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• formigo
    replied
    I agree with Sheep on this one.

I've got a double of "Out in the Country" that I guess I'd trade for NOT MUCH as my "Stone Fox Chase" juggle routine really sucks and I've given up on it.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Stone Fox Chase is on a 45 too i believe...

will re-listen to the first. remember it being good, but maybe not worth splashing out too much on

Leave a comment:

Working...
X