Desk or bench for turntable and stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desk or bench for turntable and stuff

Any recommendations for a robust desk or bench for a single turntable, mixer and drum machine, with space underneath to store some kind of kallax or expedit. I need something robust, im shit at DIY and putting things together. An all in one storage solution desk/bench would be cool but I see a lot of people use different furniture parts from ikea to make them.

Should do you. Could possible put thrusters to float around town and some kind of suction device to scoop up raers.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I was lucky enough to find something at the thrift which had the right working height and fits 2 turntables and mixer on top. Not sure which make, looks like IKEA or similar.

Sorry, site won't let me upload pics.

Comment

Try one of these?
        you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

This seller has some good stuff listed on ebay...

kernowcarpentry01288355290

Been pondering over replacing my expedits with their storage for a while now...

Comment

Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
            Any recommendations for a robust desk or bench for a single turntable, mixer and drum machine, with space underneath to store some kind of kallax or expedit. I need something robust, im shit at DIY and putting things together. An all in one storage solution desk/bench would be cool but I see a lot of people use different furniture parts from ikea to make them.
            Why can't you just put them on top of a kallax/expedit? They're deep enough.
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post
              Why can't you just put them on top of a kallax/expedit? They're deep enough.
              Oh ok, I honestly didn't know this, I have a pioneer plx deck and its very heavy, and with the added weight of an allen and heath mixer and the MPC I wasn't sure it would hold up.

Originally posted by jay View Post
              This seller has some good stuff listed on ebay...

kernowcarpentry01288355290

Been pondering over replacing my expedits with their storage for a while now...
              Cool nice one mate, I will check out their listings.

Originally posted by eine View Post

Should do you. Could possible put thrusters to float around town and some kind of suction device to scoop up raers.
              THAT IS AWESOME

Originally posted by giantchicken View Post
              Try one of these?
              Hahaha this sir is brilliant, 10 points to you.

Comment

Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
                I wasn't sure it would hold up.
                I'd double check that prolonged heat from the mixer & mpc wouldn't go through to records below.
                I suppose if it was a problem, you could just put something under the items that could/would heat up to stop it transferring.

Comment

willl a kallax take the same weight ? btw its not my pic but fyi those stanton tt's are twice as heavy as a sl1200

Comment

I'm looking into something like what you are talking about, styles. A bit of googling brought up some nice DIY-ways to "pimp" your Kallax/Expedit. But I'm also a bit concerned about weight issues. I think I read the other day the max. weight per compartment according to IKEA is 16 kg, on top i think it was around 35 kg. Now two Technics and a mixer might already be above that, depending on what kind of mixer. So building anything on top might be risky. It'd need to be few cm deeper to also be able to turn the decks 90 degrees and work it like reza.

Plus, the worrysome pics of Kallaxes/Expedits collapsing and the rather shitty material used in them is also making me consider looking for something more sturdy.

Anyway, here are some pics to give you some more inspiration (mind the German).

http://ali.dj/blog/bauanleitung-das-ikea-dj-pult
                    Hip-Hop: https://soundcloud.com/beater-pan

Everything else: https://mixcloud.com/beater-pan

Instagram: http://instagram.com/beater_pan

Comment

If you're worried about Kallax strength, looks out for Ikea Traby on eBay. The biggest one is a 2x2 square but you can fix them together, and they're solid wood so pretty sturdy. As sturdy as Ikea gets anyway.
                      They're a tad bigger than Expedit/Kallax too so you'll gain a little height.

Comment

I use the IKEA table tops where you buy the tops and the legs separately, two of those have been my studio for years and they've held up well.

Comment

I've got several Habitat shelving units from back in the day. Built like tanks, heavy as fuck without records, impossible to move when full.

Looks like you can still pick them up. Worth it.

Comment

This looks like it would fit a lot of stuff. In the description they can change the height so you could get exactly what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Day View Post
                              This looks like it would fit a lot of stuff. In the description they can change the height so you could get exactly what you want.

Nice! But pricey...

Originally posted by Beater Pan View Post
                              I'm looking into something like what you are talking about, styles. A bit of googling brought up some nice DIY-ways to "pimp" your Kallax/Expedit. But I'm also a bit concerned about weight issues. I think I read the other day the max. weight per compartment according to IKEA is 16 kg, on top i think it was around 35 kg. Now two Technics and a mixer might already be above that, depending on what kind of mixer. So building anything on top might be risky. It'd need to be few cm deeper to also be able to turn the decks 90 degrees and work it like reza.

Plus, the worrysome pics of Kallaxes/Expedits collapsing and the rather shitty material used in them is also making me consider looking for something more sturdy.

Anyway, here are some pics to give you some more inspiration (mind the German).

http://ali.dj/blog/bauanleitung-das-ikea-dj-pult
                              Yeah that would be awesome.

Originally posted by reza View Post
                              willl a kallax take the same weight ? btw its not my pic but fyi those stanton tt's are twice as heavy as a sl1200
                              Ok cool, but I can't find that particulat kallax, unless its the tall one 2x4 one they just tipped onto its side.

Nice one benny, that looks mega. Might keep my eye out for another one.

Comment

Working...
                              X