own your own USA postal address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• own your own USA postal address

thought this might be useful to many of you - have your USA parcels shipped to Florida and then imported by parcel2go, part of DHL. looks like a useful service: here's the lowdown.

Parcel2go now have an American service where you pay £9.99 + VAT up front for 2 years service. This entitles you to an address in Florida, where you can have your good delivered. You then pay £6.60/kg for shipping for the item to the UK.

http://www.parcel2go.com/orderusaddress.asp
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Looks good, I guess shipments would still need to stay under £40 value in order to not incur the import tax and customs charges? Anyone know more?
    My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky Chris
      Looks good, I guess shipments would still need to stay under £40 value in order to not incur the import tax and customs charges? Anyone know more?
      Yep, that's what I was wondering. Do parcels shipped within the US need the shipping docket stating the price? If not then maybe you could use this loophole to make it worthwhile.
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Hmm, theres a lot of stuff you could this service for. I would presume the reason for this is that as it's not direct from a company then it won't be declared and you should therefore save yourself 17.5% VAT + other custom charges - I might give this a go ...

Comment

Looks pretty good for bulk buys...but I'd look into it a bit before doing it me-self. Too many questions, like what if the goods arrive damaged without any real signs of wear & tear? Is the company that gives it to DHL liable or DHL? How long would that take to sort out if at all. Also, you are sending it effectively from yourself (which I don't think dhl allow you to do). Also, DHL are obviously gonna want to have all customs details on the parcel. I'd rather just pay the extra duty than have the hassle of something like that coming back on me, all for the sake of saving 20 odd quid. Don't forget that Customs and Excise & the Inland Revenue have now combined so it is a lot more traceable. All in all though, it does look like you could save a fair bit if you were to buy i.e. heavy recording equipment.
          I'll tell you what............. What.
          What ?

Comment

Did anyone try this? If so how has it worked out?
            My Mixcloud

Comment

Working...
            X