• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recordshops that close down for a year bc of maternity leave

I don't understand it.

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
    I don't understand it.
    Woman has high-powered well-paid city job allowing her husband to run a barely profitable record shop. Woman has a baby, returns to work leaving man to look after the baby. Shop is so un-profitable, it barely justifies paying someone else a wage or a child-minders wage so man decides to close the shop for a year until the infant starts nursery, at which point shop re-opens between the hours of 10.00am and 2.00pm with stock amassed from a year of charity shopping while trying to get a baby to sleep...

...is one possible explanation.

Maybe there is even a shop on the planet which is, gulp, RUN BY A FEMALE WHO HAS DECIDED TO HAVE A BABY???!!!
    Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Is there a case in point for this?

Comment

A case in point? The subject line states "Record shops..." so it must have happened more than once!
        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Ha ha, fair enough.

Comment

Babies stay where you put them for the first six months. On the floor, in a pillowcase hanging from a peg, in the Female Vocals section.
            Personally, I'd schedule my maternity leave for when they're a little older and more lively.
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I know one here in Malmö that's been closed down for paternity leave for almost a year. Not that it was open a lot before that. Seen him selling on the 'bay though.
              ------------------------------------------------------
              "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

Working...
              X