Shipping To Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping To Russia

I've just had a mare trying to send a parcel to poor old Funk Charly.

I initially sent it DHL from work and it got all the way to Moscow only to be returned due to incorrect documentation.

I then provided what I thought was correct documentation, resent it via DHL and it got returned from Heathrow.

DHL have advised me that this was because it was to a private address and Russian law states that only documents can be sent to private individuals, anything else can only be sent to business addresses.

Does anyone else have experience of this?

I thought using DHL (via my works account btw) was a quicker and safer method than the Post Office.

What am I best to do?
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
    I've just had a mare trying to send a parcel to poor old Funk Charly.

I initially sent it DHL from work and it got all the way to Moscow only to be returned due to incorrect documentation.

I then provided what I thought was correct documentation, resent it via DHL and it got returned from Heathrow.

DHL have advised me that this was because it was to a private address and Russian law states that only documents can be sent to private individuals, anything else can only be sent to business addresses.

Does anyone else have experience of this?

I thought using DHL (via my works account btw) was a quicker and safer method than the Post Office.

What am I best to do?

Comment

Am I right in thinking Funky Charly is in Crimea?

I checked the Royal Mail site and found their service update page: "Mail services to Crimea, Sevestapol, Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast are suspended until further notice." Which I guess is going to make this very, very tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
        I take it Funky Charly can't give you a business address? Sounds like this could be an option...
        In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post

I checked the Royal Mail site and found their service update page: "Mail services to Crimea, Sevestapol, Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast are suspended until further notice." Which I guess is going to make this very, very tricky.
          Yes he is. DHL had told me this too but I have to say I didn't believe them.

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
          I take it Funky Charly can't give you a business address? Sounds like this could be an option...
          Cheers - I've asked him. Seems like its the only option.
          it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
          take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

What a nightmare! I hope he gets his record. Have noticed a lot of ebayers recently stating they are refusing to send to the 'Russian Federation'.
            Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post

And, unfortunately, very inopportune... The board is indeed my only chat and trade venue. No fun sitting within four walls here...
              DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

I haven't given up!

Comment

Sorry to keep bringing this up, but I am at my wits end as to how to get these records safely to Funky Charly.

He gave me his Mum's work address, which is a Library, so I phoned DHL to check that they could deliver there. They've advised me that anything sent to Russia must be to a business (which a Library isn't) and for the purposes of that business e.g. a computer for an office.

When I explained that they were records, they said they doubt they'd get through if I declared that on the paperwork, as records could only be for personal not business use.

This is driving me bananas! Surely there must be some way of getting these to him?

Does anyone on here sell on ebay or Discogs? If so, how to you supply records to your Russian (specifically Crimean) customers?

Comment

Friends, poor me and my domicile must be pissing you off here. Wish I were British or Swedish as far as swaps are concerned. Sorry.
                    DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Charly View Post
                      Friends, poor me and my domicile must be pissing you off here. Wish I were British or Swedish as far as swaps are concerned. Sorry.
                      It's not your fault. I've not given up hope

Comment

I vaguely remember sending a record from berlin to the ukraine about 6 months ago. Not sure how these things work but I can forward it if it helps....
                        All the Wolpertingers

Comment

All I can say is that I've posted records from Sweden to Funky C a couple of times using registered mail and so far never had any problems so maybe it's specifically a issue with DHL?

Comment

Originally posted by Per View Post
                            All I can say is that I've posted records from Sweden to Funky C a couple of times using registered mail and so far never had any problems so maybe it's specifically a issue with DHL?
                            My guess!
                            DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

royal mail , had no problems sending to russia from the uk and its classed as europe so the post is cheap

Comment

Working...
                              X