Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amidar
    replied
    I've not read the article yet but was having a discussion with my father about backing up data with my view being no data is safe you should back up on multiple hdd's, dvd etc. I explained RAID systems to him and how servers are constantly backing up data until a drive fails only to be replaced and the back up continues.

Then the topic turned to vinyl and whether digital data could be stored on that because as a format its out lasted anything. I don't know if digital data could be stored on vinyl, scratches probably wouldn't help and a lazer stylus seems a pipe dream so probably not but an interesting conversation all the same.

Thanks for the link just clicked and looks like some interesting reading for later.

Leave a comment:

• Beater Pan
    replied
    Sounds like this is taking the idea/merits of the DDM process of cutting vinyl a step further. I'd imagine that you might Need a different "HD"-Stylus to really get the most out of it though.

Plus who knows what will be in 3 years..

But in General the idea sounds great, would save some space in the shelves and would get us all more bang for our buck.
    Last edited by Beater Pan; 17-03-2016, 07:49 PM. Reason: Stupidity

Leave a comment:

• eclectiktronik
    replied
    Looks like just a refinement in the mastering process rather than anything else. After all, to be compatible with existing hardware there isn't a lot if anything you can do.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    started a topic hd vinyl ?

hd vinyl ?

Thought might be of interest...

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016...ome-a-reality/
Working...
X