Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Library Music Film

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Library Music Film

    LibraryMusicFilm
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

  • #2
    Stump up people, this needs to be made. Thanks for the heads up Col.
    Everyone tear down your own little wall
    That keeps you from being a part of it all
    Because you've got to be one with the one and all
    You've just got to be close to it all

    Comment


    • #3
      Would love this to become a reality but not sure why it has to be made on West Coast of USA? I get the impression that majority of library collectors (and indeed companies/labels) are UK/European based...
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

      Comment


      • #4
        I couldn't place his accent, but assumed it was a UK thing. Not paying enough attention obviously
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

        Comment


        • #5
          The doc has been put together by a team including Shawn Lee - he is from the USA but has lived here in the UK for many years. He's a great music producer. Anyway, I believe they went to the USA to interview a few library heads, but most of the people they have interviewed were here in the UK. It's unlikely any TV company would ever make a film about library music but the surviving characters here in the UK from that 60s/70s golden period are really worth hearing. I think they need funding so they can finish the film and also afford to use library music in the film. The people who are putting it together have a lot of experience making docs so they all know what they are doing. They even interviewed Howard Friend, the first person I ever met from the library music world (back in 1994) who was originally at Bosworths for years. He's a legend.
          Tune in to OST on Resonance 104.4FM. Saturdays at 4.30pm, and now podcast legally too! Film music, TV music, rare library recordings special guests and anything to do with soundtracks. Listen on-line at www.resonancefm.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by treeboy View Post
            I couldn't place his accent, but assumed it was a UK thing. Not paying enough attention obviously
            Yes mate but he mentions needing the funding to finish production in LA/Hollywood.

            Definitely gonna drop some money on it but not until after Utrecht

            I recommend listening to his show on Soho Radio, if you haven't already...
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

            Comment


            • #7
              First mention of the U word this year Jealous already as my money tap is about to be opened right up, and flow freely into the builders pockets.
              I'll have a look for the radio show . Thanks for the tip.
              Everyone tear down your own little wall
              That keeps you from being a part of it all
              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
              You've just got to be close to it all

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll chip in with some cash but only if the film title is pre-fixed with "Sir Slim Presents"

                Seriously though - I need to see this film!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                  I'll chip in with some cash but only if the film title is pre-fixed with "Sir Slim Presents"

                  Seriously though - I need to see this film!

                  I did chip in in the end - and this morning a link to view the film appeared in my inbox - to say I'm looking forward to watching it would be putting it mildly...

                  There is I see a showing in a proper cinema coming up in London soon:

                  https://www.docnrollfestival.com/fil...ry-music-film/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    LP out too.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is also showing on the Saturday of the Le Guess Who festival in Utrecht, November 10th, if anyone is in town for the record fair.

                      https://www.leguesswho.nl/lineup/the-library-music-film

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by magicforest View Post
                        This is also showing on the Saturday of the Le Guess Who festival in Utrecht, November 10th, if anyone is in town for the record fair.

                        https://www.leguesswho.nl/lineup/the-library-music-film
                        Cripes it's Utrecht record fair and there hasn't been a single mention of it on the site. Four or five years ago there would have been a thread running to a good number of pages followed by an equally large thread of finds.

                        Mr Sayers, who put me, and many others, on to some great records on here, will no doubt be in attendance so I hope the digging gods are on his side.
                        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Watched the film this evening - very enjoyable, top tune selections and I learnt a lot, though could have done without Fat Boy Slim's contribution and I think the film makers should have insisted on all contributors wearing a shirt

                          Col - you got a end credit, as did I for putting my 10 shilling note into the hat.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	the library film credit 2.png
Views:	142
Size:	656.7 KB
ID:	1047486

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

                            Cripes it's Utrecht record fair and there hasn't been a single mention of it on the site. Four or five years ago there would have been a thread running to a good number of pages followed by an equally large thread of finds.
                            Is anyone here going? I always look forward to the 'Utrecht thread' just to see what was unearthed there. If any of you guys go, please post some pics and I'll be happy to chime in with some 'awesome', 'cool', etc. etc.

                            See, you don't get those haircuts on your mp3s.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                              Watched the film this evening - very enjoyable, top tune selections and I learnt a lot, though could have done without Fat Boy Slim's contribution and I think the film makers should have insisted on all contributors wearing a shirt

                              Col - you got a end credit, as did I for putting my 10 shilling note into the hat.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	the library film credit 2.png
Views:	142
Size:	656.7 KB
ID:	1047486

                              I see Sam Spence contributed!
                              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X