Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninja simone
    replied
    Although sadly not the Deluxe edition which I've been dithering over for a while now, I was rather amazed to stumble upon a copy of Herr Trunk's mighty new tome for a fiver in the Camden branch of the Sue Ryder shop this morning. It's definitely now gone to a more caring, loving home than before.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    No sorry to disappoint Ian, I just meant ditto as in I'd be interested in seeing your pictures from the night. Too far away for me to be able to make the trip but sounds like a great night was had by all. I've seen your pic on various Charity challenges etc I'd have introduced myself!

That wasn't me regaling Babycart with stories of my days on 'The Word'!

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
    Whoah! I didn't know you were there Amidar? It would have been great to meet you.

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Whoah! I didn't know you were there Amidar? It would have been great to meet you.
    It would be wonderful if Amidar was actually Katie Puckrik.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Townsend
    replied
    Originally posted by amidar View Post
    Ditto

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Ditto

I'll post up pics later.

Leave a comment:

• Mang
    replied
    Does 'insane' in lower case really cut it as a descriptor though? It was INSANE as in 'WOW! W.T. F is this?

Sonically arresting listening. Jaw-droppingly good, and as I looked around the room, I could see everyone else had the same reaction. There were a couple of numbers, ones that seemed to slow down and speed up (accompanied by THUNDEROUS drumming), that made me feel like spontaneously applauding. So, so good. The sets prior to his were all top notch selections, but he seemed to sculpt a set and a sound that was in a completely different zone.

Well worth hauling myself down from Norfolk for that alone. I'd love to know what he played.
    Fairly sure he played this (or something which sounded very similar). I want to know what that electronic track with the synths building in pitch and speed to a terrifying/exhilerating conclusion was. I'm guessing it wasn't the theme to "Button Moon".

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    I'll post up pics later.
    Yes please...

Leave a comment:

• Ian Townsend
    replied
    I'll post up pics later.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Townsend
    replied
    Originally posted by Senor Trunk View Post
    Blimey, what a crazy night out. Jerry Dammers plays insane library music, very loud. Thanks to all the VG plussers who dared to come. Nice one.
    Does 'insane' in lower case really cut it as a descriptor though? It was INSANE as in 'WOW! W.T. F is this?

Sonically arresting listening. Jaw-droppingly good, and as I looked around the room, I could see everyone else had the same reaction. There were a couple of numbers, ones that seemed to slow down and speed up (accompanied by THUNDEROUS drumming), that made me feel like spontaneously applauding. So, so good. The sets prior to his were all top notch selections, but he seemed to sculpt a set and a sound that was in a completely different zone.

Well worth hauling myself down from Norfolk for that alone. I'd love to know what he played.

Leave a comment:

• Senor Trunk
    replied
    Blimey, what a crazy night out. Jerry Dammers plays insane library music, very loud. Thanks to all the VG plussers who dared to come. Nice one.

Leave a comment:

• Xann
    replied
    Walked in to the strains of 'Half Forgotten Daydreams', grabbed a quick beer and ran.

Was expecting a guest at home.

Bit gutted really.

Would have liked a few drinks... and the mirror ball.

Leave a comment:

• veris
    replied
    What a fantastic night!. Señor Trunk,Fuel, the DJ's, VG+'s ,BGWMC and guests made it a really special event - I felt really privileged to play some records and the book made the long journey home go in a flash. Great to catch up again with you both, Alan and Ian.

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    Martin Green, Dammers, Señor Trunk, Veris, I Blame Ian Townsend, Matt Berry, Eddie Piller, That lovely man Steve who runs De Wolfeand gawd bless 'er Katie Puckrik and me.

Tip top!

Leave a comment:

• SirSlim
    replied
    My copy of the book with the 10" arrived earlier in the week - marvellous!

Sadly I can't make it to the do tonight but it looks like it'll be a blast.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Townsend
    replied
    Originally posted by Boi Bach o Bethel View Post
    Book arrived yesterday.... I have been pawing through it with the same wow gee golly enthusiasm as i had as a lad going through the littlewoods catalogue.
    Oh yes! (Though I still think Peter Craig had better lingerie pages.....)

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
    Just bumped into Shipton and he had heard rumours that Delay68 might be there, possibly even with the visiting Mahssa Taghinia. Oooooohhhhh.

So, Dammers, Godsy, Señor Trunk, FKers, VGPlussers and other shifty types.
    .....add the most excellent 'Godfather of 'Smashing' and 'Sound Gallery' author Martin Green to that list too.

(Add him to the list of names that is...don't go shoving him into 'shifty types' now... )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X