Tammi Terrell - All I Do Is Think About You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tammi Terrell - All I Do Is Think About You

Basically, if you love soul, this is essential ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqbvX_sYoN0

I had never heard this until recently, but I love Northern Soul, so for me, this was a no-brainer ... and has now become one of my holy grails

next time i'm near Hebden, I'll be getting ready for Tammi ...
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Never released no? Well until that recent boxset?
    record licker

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
      Never released no? Well until that recent boxset?
      From memory, it was on a Tammi Terrell anthology CD a few years back, booted on 45 with another version (by Chris Clark?) on the flip - then officially re-issued on a Motown 45 box-set (which I keep meaning to get, but the first batch was a dodgy pressing apparently).
      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

I think you're both right. How could Motown not have released this back then? It's 3 minutes of heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
          From memory, it was on a Tammi Terrell anthology CD a few years back, booted on 45 with another version (by Chris Clark?) on the flip - then officially re-issued on a Motown 45 box-set (which I keep meaning to get, but the first batch was a dodgy pressing apparently).
          And it was on this from a few years back too.

WF

Comment

Even now it's heartbreaking to read about what she suffered in the last few years of her short life. We take so much forgranted and have so much to be grateful for eh?

Her second outing on Motown 1966 'Come On And See Me/Dontcha worry Baby' has never been far from my decks down the years.

incidentally its fifty one years to the very day that the Motortown Review visited here in Leeds 1965.
            record licker

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
              It is on Tammi Terrell-Come On and See Me but was originally released on A Cellarful of Motown. Brenda Holloway's version was on that bootleg and is available her Motown Anthology. The original is by Stevie Wonder.

The Motown box set has a dished 45 but they all play.
              http://www.mixcloud.com/feloniousmunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Willy-Fogg View Post
                And it was on this from a few years back too.

WF
                Thanks Willy. I'll keep an eye peeled for the Lost & Found comp ... it looks good

Comment

Hello Chums, Im also an advocate of this track knowing it from the Lost and found comp. I wasnt aware that it was unreleased or the sad history of Tammi.

In the vein of VG+ i feel obliged to hip anyone that isnt aware of it towards Stevies cut of this from Hotter than july, a classic round my way.

Thanks for posting
                  G
                  Elephant and dwarf they call them, Pepe Kalle and his little
                  stage dancing friend Emoro.

Comment

Of course, Stevie Wonder was one of the co-writers wasn't he? Haven't heard his version yet, but will remedy that ASAP.

Comment

You haven't heard it? Definitive version for me.

It's an odd one, as he (co)wrote it in 1965, and only recorded his version in 1980. Bit of a gap.

Comment

That's interesting. The Stevie Wonder version just doesn't hit the spot for me at all. I'm a sucker for the Motown Sound of the 60s. Now I'm going to have to go and listen to the original again.

Comment

Ah, that's better

Comment

Working...
                          X