• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent Label Market: London: Saturday 2nd April 2016

http://www.independentlabelmarket.com

If you're:
    A) VG+er and
    B) going to this

...please keep your eyes peeled for me* and say 'Hello!' No need to talk to me after that because I have a very short attention span. Declare yourself here or just Goddamn surprise me...I don't care.

I will try and photograph you anyway, and if that leads to a tussle, scrap and fisticuffs then so much the better. We are young(ish) and life is short so any lively physical situation is memorable (and therefore worth it).

X

*50+ (it says so on my Sanatogen tablets), balding, big nose. Was likened to Howard Jones and Max Headroom in my youth. Probably wearing shorts, definitely wielding a camera and most certainly smiling inanely.
    <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
    most certainly smiling inanely.

A conical party hat in Barcelona colours would make you even more recognisable.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I'm going. Hoping there's some King Gizzard-related goodies on the Heavenly stall.
      Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

I'll be there. Will keep 'em peeled.

WF

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post

A conical party hat in Barcelona colours would make you even more recognisable.
          With a much bigger nose and glasses like you used to find in joke shops that's definitely me!
          BBC Weather says 14 degrees and no rain, calendar says 'April' so it's:

- blue shorts
          - blue jacket
          - bright ORANGE 'Champ' record label T'shirt
          - camera
          - rucksack with library book

Please say 'Hello' (and I won't snap a phot unless you're OK with it). Three VG+ers so far....that's good enough for a VG+ party.

Oh and Mang? As you know we have a mutual friend in Neil 'Prince'. I can tell you all about what he was like when I taught him.
          <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by Willy-Fogg View Post
            I'll be there. Will keep 'em peeled.

WF
            Please say 'Hi'? I promise I'll try very, very hard to contain a 'Carry On'- style snigger when I say 'Hello Willy - it's good to meet you.'

Comment

Bah! Made it to the last two, away with the family this time. Have a splendid day and don't forget to post yer finds!

Comment

You can't still get into those running shorts can you Ian? If so, once again you'll be surrounded by young ladies. Earning a crust on Saturday so can't come. Would love to get to at least one of them. Have a great day everyone.
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Might swing by

Bit of unfinished business from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Townsend View Post
                    Please say 'Hi'? I promise I'll try very, very hard to contain a 'Carry On'- style snigger when I say 'Hello Willy - it's good to meet you.'
                    Sorry Ian,
                    I didn't spot you. It was a quick strike for the couple of things I was after and then two laps to see if anything else appealed, hence I'm now back home little over an hour after I got there. I spent more time looking for someone matching your description than I did looking for records!

Anyway, here's what I got.

The Tyneham House was my main target. It's on now. Blissful.

The Barbara Mason was next after I saw a tweet about it last night and listened online. A tenner for a 45 though. Ouch.

I'd missed Terea when that came out and the Buddha machine business will probably get a fair bit of play when it's my littl'un's nap time.

WF

Comment

Good to see Ed and Jonny selling loads of Music Library boxed editions, Mang picking up Elton Dean Ninesense raers for a fiver, Bongolia with wife and young'un enjoying the real ale and Ian Townsend hunting down interview and photo targets. These fairs have a really nice vibe!

I grabbed these inbetween the chats:

Rather impressed by the Boss Music Tshirt

Claypipe pre-releases, and a comp of Southern Music Library tracks selected by Tom Furse (a tip from Bongolia)

"Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry I missed you Ian. I managed to buy *nothing* by virtue of not going to the cash point beforehand but I am moving shortly so I need to save money this month. Apologies to Mr Trunk for not coming back to buy the fascinating looking LP he was chatting to me about. Looking at this thread is a weird form of self-punishment.
                        "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Ian's description of himself was on the money. Found him before leaving. Had a quick chat about his lovely project - Magic stuff Ian

Didn't really want to get too involved with the rest of it. Spent more than I'd bargained for last year and, perhaps foolishly, had indulged in a bit of net shopping early hours of Saturday morning.

There was one title missed last year that I'd hoped would reappear. It didn't, alas.

This one Ian - - Audio

JT and Gerald were both chatting with folks more likely to spend money than I, so didn't interrupt.

Quite fancy that library book/album. Might check the bank account and seek Mr Trunk at the publisher's do in the week.

Comment

Bah, if I wasn't so skint I would definitely have popped along - looks like a grand day was had by all
                            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Update.

Don't like the Buddha loops LP at all. I've got one of the original FM3 buddha machines and that plays relaxing and meditative loops. The loops on this LP are jarring with some horrible vocals.

Barbara Mason is wow.

Terea is good but some tunes have an unwanted hint of musical theatre.

WF

Comment

Working...
                              X