Utrecht mega record fair 16th & 17th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utrecht mega record fair 16th & 17th April

I've never been to Utrecht record fair before but will attending this year.

i'm on annual leave from work next week so doing a bit of travel around mainland europe and have decided to make my way over to utrecht next Friday.

I know a few from here go to this..........any decent spots for a drink in the evenings / or any meet ups happen in utrecht after the fair /any evening gigs worth checking fri and sat?

i'm travelling solo so would be good to find a good spot for a beer in the evening time and i assume the town is full of interesting music heads all weekend.

i try to avoid digging with a hangover but technically its a holiday

Not sure about Friday, but will be there Saturday and Sunday... up and down from Amsterdam on the train, but will be at the gig below...

There is one gig on the Saturday night - here - Afrodisiac: Roger Damawuzan & Vaudou Game - i think it's being put on by a local promoter and the Hot Casa guys who release records by both artists...

Food wise - falafel - Utrecht Centraal ;-)

Drinking spots are generally on the other side of Utrecht Centraal Station - other side from the fair...

The link is blocked at work, but if you go to http://leguesswho.nl/ and look at the venue section - the good spots are some of the smaller venues or close by...
    "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Thanks for all this info.......checking the link out now which works for me.

falafel always does the job

looking forward to it

Comment

If you want to have a drink, the centre is very nice. You have some cool bars in the Voortstraat, near the Oude Gracht and near the Dom (Domplein).

I had a great night out once at a lesbian bar/club in the Voortstraat with some girls I met at a bar.

Dutch girls are easy to talk to and pretty straightforward.

So don’t listen to the Falafel guys and go out to town, it’ll be great

Comment

There’s more to life than records 😉

Comment

Get some falafels down your neck. You know it makes sense. The thought of that fair hungover.......nah!
            Everyone tear down your own little wall
            That keeps you from being a part of it all
            Because you've got to be one with the one and all
            You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
              The thought of that fair hungover.......nah!
              Wise words Paul mate, I know Lee's not a fan of confronting the fair with a hangover!
              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

How long are we going to keep caning him over that one Craig?
                Good luck to all heading over this weekend, bring back the goods, and let us have a gander on the finds thread.
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Do you guys even party?

Comment

Originally posted by Mescal View Post
                    Do you guys even party?
                    Just the once.
                    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

How did falafels become a thing? They are horrible. It seems a shame to go to Holland and not get your fill of smoked eels, herrings, sausages, satay and cheese with holes in it.

I bet those Dutch girls appreciate a culturally open-minded glutton, too.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                        How did falafels become a thing?
                        More than one person is a Veggie..?

Depends on the definition of "Party" - three rounds of tea, a sneaky bit of Greggs action, some hot vinyl on the (portable) ones and twos, followed by a fist full of falafel's with a side order of fries - sort of PG Tips Party ;-)

Party action on the night before a sensible dig isn't the best idea as Herr Plainstone and I learned a couple of April's back... High strength Belgian beers and top tunes ;-)

November fair is good for the gigs after the fair... not really a party...
                        Last edited by MPFlapp; 07-04-2016, 07:38 PM.
                        "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

i partied once. I didn't like it
                          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I assumed the often mentioned falafals were some sort of self-flagellation prank/tradition faciliated by large quantities of alcohol.
                            And I'm all for keeping traditions.
                            But now you're saying you eat them sober!!
                            Listen, no matter how little of your Utrecht budget you're prepared to allocate for food, you can still do a lot better than a falafel.
                            Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
                              I assumed the often mentioned falafals were some sort of self-flagellation prank/tradition faciliated by large quantities of alcohol.
                              And I'm all for keeping traditions.
                              But now you're saying you eat them sober!!
                              Listen, no matter how little of your Utrecht budget you're prepared to allocate for food, you can still do a lot better than a falafel.
                              Falafel. It's like someone farting in your mouth. I imagine.
                              Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

Working...
                              X