X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cossack Dancing thread

Post your favourite cossack moves here.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Have you watched "a shot in the dark" yet BC?

Go to 58mins 59secs in...

Comment

Phew! Thanks, Sir Slim. For a while I thought no one was interested in cossack dancing apart from me.

Decent moves from the cossack there - the voila! hand movements are very important, I think.
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
        Phew! Thanks, Sir Slim. For a while I thought no one was interested in cossack dancing apart from me.

Decent moves from the cossack there - the voila! hand movements are very important, I think.
        How could you be not interested in cossack dancing? Come on!

I remember when I was a kid my parents took me to see The Red Army Ensemble when they played in Bilbao. The cossack dancers where the ones everybody talked about. They were real athletes, amazing.

I love the little script that goes on with their dancing, usually they are seen sitting, drinking and then a dancing fight starts between 2 groups. While someone from one group dances the other group look at it and pretend not to be impressed. Then someone from this second group dances something more gravity defying while the other group grims and answers back with another routine even more jaw dropping. And so on.

Some more incredible moves here.

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlitos View Post

Some more incredible moves here.

Indeed - especially the chap towards the end dancing and playing the accordion at the same time!!!

Comment

Check the guy at 3:20. Is that physically possible?
            ¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

He'd be good at musical chairs.

Comment

Check the guy at 3:20. Is that physically possible?
                Seeing is believing - though they were probably being force fed copious quantities of performance enhancing drugs...

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                  Seeing is believing - though they were probably being force fed copious quantities of performance enhancing drugs...

I was going to answer that with this bottle of vodka.

But then I discovered these posters which take the meaning of Cossack Vodka into unexpected places...

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

How could you be not
                    I love the little script that goes on with their dancing, usually they are seen sitting, drinking and then a dancing fight starts between 2 groups. While someone from one group dances the other group look at it and pretend not to be impressed. Then someone from this second group dances something more gravity defying while the other group grims and answers back with another routine even more jaw dropping. And so on.

I like the tall officer on the right who restrains an impetuous young cossack, whispering in his ear.
                    Later he struts around like a peacock.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Fonzie cossack moves

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

You take all the acrobatics away and they are still seriously good movers.

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Certainly this army has more rhythm than any I have ever seen.

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Working...
                          X