Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSD 16

Who ventured out for this today..
    I was really not going to, but on a whim decided at about 9am this morning to have a looksy (have not been since 2010), so jumped a train and was pleasantly surprised at the lack of madness and crowds. Had a good old mooch in 2 x rough trades and 1 x sister ray, only queue was at sister ray and that was only about 4 people long..

I was around Rough Trade East today around midday. Only popped in briefly and left empty handed. It's the first record store day I've been to. I've seen pics of queues in the past and never been swayed. I was surprised how low the attendance was. Does this signal a decline in RSD interest?
    https://tdrec.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Maybe the records on offer that day are not that interesting anymore?
      ¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

I went down to the shop nearest to me (The Polar Bear) at about 3:30 and found a copy of the only one I was interested in (the African Head Charge 10") - I think it's the first year I've not had to wait until the next Saturday for the online shops to release their remaining stock. I was happy enough

A quick look on eBay earlier showed a copy of the Alan Partridge single going for £75

North of the River Cole

Comment

I did Sounds Of The Universe, which netted me the bulk of what I was after, picked up a straggler in Phonica, and topped the day off in Intoxica, and got to shake the hand of Mr Paul Drummond. I'd say about the same amount of people as last year for RSD, but the West End itself was very quiet for a Saturday. No stage in Berwick St this year. Had a good laugh with a few up and coming vinyl hounds in the queue for SOTU. They had no idea about the stuff I was after, and I had no idea about their wants either.
          Also, picked up a LTW in Reckless, only the 2nd record I have ever bought in there. Frothy coffee and home.
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Just looking at some prices that the RSD stock is going for compared to the actual retail cost, maybe that has put a few flippers off.
            if thats the case then great!! I can get to going with the knowledge that I may well get what I was after.

Comment

I was only interested in the 2 x Greg Foat 10"ers, didn't find any on my casual drop-ins in Leeds & scouring of online stock lists yesterday, but number one son did the rounds this morning and found them both at Jumbo in Leeds.
              OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

I can't even buy a Gary Davis 'Chocolate Star' EP reissue for RSD in Copenhagen so what's the use.
                LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Been enjoying this today while the house is clear of noisy builders

Comment

Strolled around to my local bagel 'n' music emporium 20 mins before it opened at 9 yesterday, and was second in the 'queue'. There were 3 of us there when it opened. I picked up everything I was after except the Cat's Eyes 45.

Nosferatu 45 (rerecording of the 1922 film music)
                    Allen Toussaint EP 45 - Whipped Cream and other delights
                    Finders Keepers Vannier 45 - alt versions of Enfant assassin des mouches
                    Matthew E White 45
                    Jimmy Page - She just satisfies 45
                    Armando Sciascia - Impressions In Rhythm & Sound (Roundtable)
                    Fabio Fabor & Armando Sciascia - Infini (Roundtable)
                    Nuggets: Hallucinations (vinyl version of the Rhino Handmade CD comp)
                    Henri Texier - Les La-Bas 12"
                    Xiu Xiu - Plays the music of Twin Peaks
                    Hot 8 Brass band - Sexual Healing 12"
                    Air - Casanova 70 12"

For relatively low expectations this year, I came away contented

"Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

I picked up those Roundtable lps too. Mad stuff. SOTU sold out of them by the time I got there, Phonica didn't have them on their list, Intoxica got one of each in. It would have been rude not to.
                      Sounds very civilised 'round your way Pitch. Unlike the queue for Sister Ray, which I steered well clear of. It was still around the block when I finally headed home around mid-day. Just how much stuff do they get in?

Comment

Anybody grab this? Mr Thing, Tall Black Guy and kidkanevil (three beatmakers for those who dont know em) got access to John Peel's collection and made beats from them. Its kind of a trilogy, been done with Mr Thing's collection as well. Heres a short documentary on it:

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-films/john-peel-archive-mr-thing-first-word/

Couldnt make it out on Saturday, this was RSD UK only though. but I hear there are some leftovers going up on First Word in a few days.. Germany had seemingly a lot of stuff thats fairly easy to get in OG or some other press for less than the stiff prices charged with the RSD issues..
                        Hip-Hop: https://soundcloud.com/beater-pan

Everything else: https://mixcloud.com/beater-pan

Instagram: http://instagram.com/beater_pan

Comment

I was also hoping to pick up the Greg Foats but didn't get a sniff of them. Wondering if Jazzman G's still got a few left that he's putting up on the site at a later date? ;-)
                          Light surface marks, sleeve is torn near centre of opening (due to rough removal of disk by a moron)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Youth View Post
                            I was around Rough Trade East today around midday. Only popped in briefly and left empty handed. It's the first record store day I've been to. I've seen pics of queues in the past and never been swayed. I was surprised how low the attendance was. Does this signal a decline in RSD interest?
                            I was in a queue outside Rough Trade East before 7 in the morning. By the time the doors opened at 8am it snaked across the brewery yard and out down the street, so no, I don't think interest is waning.
                            The Downstairs Lounge
                            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

I got the clutch - elephant riders album. £25 though! stupid pricing. that's more than my weekly food shopping bill
                              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Working...
                              X