Man playing a leaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man playing a leaf

I thought I'd misheard this but it really was a man playing a leaf with a Nepalese band called 'Night'. Initially it sounds like Sooty swearing at some birds but at around 6.50 he let's rip with the leaf and the piece really takes off.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

A memorable moment for me was hearing a good friend playing Josh Wink's Higher State of Consciousness on a blade of grass 303, beatboxing the breakbeats. That sounded lovely although thanks for putting Sooty in my head before it started.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip View Post
      That sounded lovely although thanks for putting Sooty in my head before it started.
      Yes, my mistake, I meant Sweep of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
        Initially it sounds like Sooty swearing at some birds but at around 6.50 he let's rip with the leaf and the piece really takes off.
        That's not a sentence you see very often...

Comment

......."Your bone Sweep?"
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Where is Col Wolfe and his Sweep 'toilet water' clip when you need him?
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

this is very common in thailand, cambodia etc.

Comment

Me and my brother once terrorised a girl guide campsite by squawking with blades of grass in the bushes.

They came out to hunt us down, but we scrambled to the other side of the campsite and continued the unearthly squeals. I think I did some spooky owl noises with my hands, too.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                  Me and my brother once terrorised a girl guide campsite by squawking with blades of grass in the bushes.

They came out to hunt us down, but we scrambled to the other side of the campsite and continued the unearthly squeals. I think I did some spooky owl noises with my hands, too.
                  If I'd done that it would have been followed up with a volley of stones fired from my 'catty'.

Comment

If I'd done that it would have been followed up with a volley of stones fired from my 'catty'.
                    I was always disappointed by schoolboy catapults. They were hard to make and never worked properly.
                    I had a lot of fun with anglers' groundbait catapults, though. There are few things more fun than splattering your mate at point blank range with a mixture of sloppy maize meal and live maggots.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                      I was always disappointed by schoolboy catapults. They were hard to make and never worked properly.
                      I had a lot of fun with anglers' groundbait catapults, though. There are few things more fun than splattering your mate at point blank range with a mixture of sloppy maize meal and live maggots.

You had to have the smallest possible handle and 'V'. Generally you'd whittle the thing down to about 3" total height. Then it was off to buy some square section elastic rubber. I bought one of those anglers catapults but I was disappointed in it compared to my homemade one. The elastic was tubular, and transparent, and I was expecting great things. The other stupid thing we did was firing U nails from an elastic band.

Comment

Then it was off to buy some square section elastic rubber.
                        That's where I went wrong. Sounds about as easy to get as "sticky-backed plastic" in rural Notts. I used knicker elastic out of my mums sewing box.

I like that U-nail/rubber band idea. Guaranteed to prompt warnings about having someones eye out from adults.
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Ah. Memories of childhood weaponry. Mud bomb fights , slingshots , dart fights. Culminating in full on air gun/rifle battles with yer mates in the local woods.
                          Kids don't know what they're missing these days. Amazingly, can't recall anyone getting proper damaged.

Comment

Either throwing phlegm and toilet paper squished together on to the ceiling above or bits of clay if in a pottery lesson oh and letting down the old 1950's shutters that would come down with a right loud bang as you unwound the string in turns.
                            Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

Comment

Originally posted by Bandanaman View Post
                              Ah. Memories of childhood weaponry. Mud bomb fights , slingshots , dart fights. Culminating in full on air gun/rifle battles with yer mates in the local woods.
                              Kids don't know what they're missing these days. Amazingly, can't recall anyone getting proper damaged.
                              My mate Dave Taylor was pretty damaged when he found a dead tramp in his den after a cold spell. He was off school for a week and kept crying when we asked him about it.
                              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X