Great Mexican music 60's/70's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Mexican music 60's/70's

I'd be grateful if people could post up any rockin, groovy, ass kickin tunes / bands from Mexico who put stuff out late 60's early 70's. It turns out I've a friend working inMexico City with an interest in good music...

I picked this one up at Utrecht in November...

I think this is Mexican too

Please add on!
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

This got played at the Mousetrap on Saturday. By me.

Los Solitarios 'Extrano Y Solitarios'
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

You need Adios A Los Beatles by the Banda Plastica de Tepetlixpa, Fuz.

It's a 1976 brass band lp based on the (imaginary?) visit of the Beatles to Oaxaca, where they ingested some of the local specialties such as moles, pulque, nopales and totopos. The Beatles' eyes filled with tears of emotion when they heard the local municipal band performing their compositions in farewell.

there's been plenty of speculation that this record is a modern hoax, but the discogs page seems to show a vintage record, and there are plenty of comments on the Youtube clips by people claiming to have had the record as children or seen the band perform.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Los Teen Tops - rey criollo

Comment

I put a Mexican wants list together when Col went on holiday there last year.

It's on my work computer so I'll send it to you when I'm back there later this week if you want.

It includes some stuff you'd like but also a lot of disco/latin, so you might want to check out the records on youtube first.

Alternatively if your mate turns any up for a decent price I'll happily take them off your hands
            it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
            take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Heavy, frantic, noisy stuff with drums!!!

Slightly odd, garagey pop thing.
              Everyone tear down your own little wall
              That keeps you from being a part of it all
              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

A bit controversial here as they aren't Mexican but what about this lot from Costa Rica? Maybe already known on here and at least feasible that a copy might turn up elsewhere in Latin America. Maybe.

Comment

There are many thousands of great 60s recordings from Mexico.
                  It's late and I need to sleep, but . . .

To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Stumbled across this the other week.

It's on the list now.

Comment

Loads of Mexican stuff on unanotaquecae.blogspot.com.es , and you can filter by decade.
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                        I put a Mexican wants list together when Col went on holiday there last year.

It's on my work computer so I'll send it to you when I'm back there later this week if you want.

It includes some stuff you'd like but also a lot of disco/latin, so you might want to check out the records on youtube first.

Alternatively if your mate turns any up for a decent price I'll happily take them off your hands
                        Thanks H, I'd appreciate that very much!
                        In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions so far people... lots to consider... Mexico certainly seems fertile musical ground back in the day!
                          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Working...
                          X