Watch record dealer Victor Kiswell go digging in Colombia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch record dealer Victor Kiswell go digging in Colombia

I love these digging in foreign countries videos ...

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl...mbia-africana/

http://www.youtube.com/embed/zI9MZJ48Kqc
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Cheers

Does anyone know how to watch the whole Egypt and Colombia videos without subscribing to Spicee?
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

He doesn't smile much does he? Very serious stuff
      Everyone tear down your own little wall
      That keeps you from being a part of it all
      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
        He doesn't smile much does he? Very serious stuff
        Indeed.

He drives a very hard bargain too...

Comment

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong when trying to strike a deal. Must work on the poker face.
          Everyone tear down your own little wall
          That keeps you from being a part of it all
          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

I would argue that Piper Pimienta, while a terrific artist, is no more emblematic of Colombian salsa than dozens of other artists: Fruko's the man. I'd also point out the Abelardo Carbono is playing champeta, not cumbia.
            Otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed that
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Flippin eck, cant believe he winged about those prices, 10 euros each is pretty good for minty copies of those lps...judging by the prices on his website he'd be flogging them for 5 times as much as that! Good video though..

Comment

I enjoyed the digging film, can't say I enjoyed Victor much. I'm not sure I really want to know but I will ask the question... what is this Spicee thing he's pushing?
                In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Not exuding much Gallic charm there, Victor, you old skinflint. Spicee would be terrible name of the Vice-wannabe site that made the film.

Comment

When you factor in the flight to Columbia the records become a little more expensive I suppose. I like him and personally will be using the phrase Spicee in all future digging excursions.

Comment

I don't really understand what happened. First it seemed the shop only had rubbish records, then suddenly there was a pile he wanted. Why would the seller keep the supposed good records back in the first place if he ultimately intends to sell them?

Comment

Because he wants the junkies to beg, and be able to charge more, or look after his regulars. I saw this happen here in a junk shop just last week. The records on display were 100 yen each ($1). When my friend asked if there was anything in the back, the shop owner brought out some quite nice Jazz stuff, which cost my friend the princely sum of 700 yen each. They were worth it.
                        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWater View Post
                          I don't really understand what happened. First it seemed the shop only had rubbish records, then suddenly there was a pile he wanted. Why would the seller keep the supposed good records back in the first place if he ultimately intends to sell them?
                          I bet they weren´t all rubbish. He seems to be mostly looking for the stuff Vampisoul have reissued ( Big Box Of Afrosound is a great package, by the way) and other fairly well signposted Colombian stuff.

He also buys a Lebron Bros lp, which probably isn´t what I'd spend my money on in Bogotá.

It's a dealer investing rather than blind punts and fun.
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X